Chapter 4

Ti Xiao smiled and said: "This prince heard that Prime Minister Ye only has a son who's remarkably talented since childhood. Prime Minister Ye is very strict, your precious daughter must also be outstanding in learning and virtue, not like common women.

When Prince Qin's expression changed, Ye Fu'an knew his thoughts right away.

Haven't arrived in the capital yet, two people have already come to calculate his daughter into their plans, haha.

Ye Fu'an said: "Prince Qin has absurdly praised. My humble daughter is just mediocre, neither her appearance nor talent, compared to the rest of the capital's noble ladies, is a problem. My humble daughter has been weak since she was a child. Because she grew up with Master Wu Xin, her temperament is too simple. The truth is, I am also worried she won't be able to adapt to life in the capital." 

In front of the emperor, Ye Fu'an could brazenly boast. After the boasting, he could say that his precious daughter is difficult to serve and cannot enter the royal family. The emperor was afraid of Ye Fu'an, so naturally, he would not force it. Moreover, the power and influence of the Second prince are still rather shaky while the influence of civil officials headed by Ye Fu'an is tremendous. Marrying the prime minister's sickly daughter is no less than marrying an ancestor.

Prince Qin, Ti Xiao wasn't someone who's easily frightened. Even if the Ye family's daughter was played to death by the Crown Prince after marrying, Ye Fu'an cannot retaliate.

Ti Xiao has an army in his hands, and his temper was cold, even the emperor was afraid of him. Between literary and military or one who has courage and strategy[1], intelligent and can fight a battle, this is like hitting a stone with an egg.

Therefore, the more Ye Fu'an belittles his daughter, the better. How can Ti Xiao not arrange a marriage that would be beneficial to the Crown Prince?

The Crown Prince was very good, but Ye Lizhu was in poor health. Ye Fu'an wants Ye Lizhu to marry into a family that's inferior to his so that Ye Fu'an can handle the entire family if they ever dare to bully Ye Lizhu.

Ti Xiao saw that Ye Fu'an had no intention of befriending him.

But Ti Xiao... is not a good person. Ye Fu'an didn't give him face, in that case, Ti Xiao has to oppose him.

He said: "Hehe, Prime Minister Ye is humble. There are two vacant rooms upstairs. Why not let your precious daughter out of the carriage and rest in the room first?" 

Ye Fu'an touched his beard and ordered his subordinates.

Within a moment, a strong servant woman came over holding Ye Lizhu. Ye Lizhu was weak and still sleeping, no one dared to wake her up. When she got out of the carriage, her face was covered with a veil and the entire person tightly surrounded.

Ti Xiao's has an extremely acute sense of smell, and right now, he can smell an indescribable fragrance.

It seems like the aroma of bluegrass[2] mixed with the white sandalwood, quite ethereal, neither sweet nor unctuous, and not the least bit vulgar.

Ye Fu'an said: "My humble daughter is spoiled, her body is too weak to even walk a few steps and can only be carried by the servants. Prince Qin, please don't laugh."

Ti Xiao's gaze followed the group of women walking away.

He didn't know whose fragrance it was.

Ti Xiao was used to days of licking blood on the knife's edge[3]. It went without saying that he was cold-blooded and most disgusted with the greasy and powdery smell of women. Over the past few days, he has been exhausted and travel-worn, and suddenly smelling this light, neither greasy nor strong fragrance, he felt extremely comfortable.