Chapter 55

Brianna

David told me to accompany him into one of their club, Incubus. So that I can breathe some fresh air as he quotes. Well, I don't care, as long as I can get out of this prison they called home. I want to roll my eyes but refrained from doing so, didn't want to get them in a sour mood. My wedding day is on two days and they still act like it was nothing

They don't know how it means to me, the day we are supposed to unite. Oh, Archie, I wish to see you again. Warm treacherous tears start to fall on my cheeks, I angrily wipe them before they see that I'm crying. They didn't want to see me cry and thinking about him but they can not stop me. He was all I could think about, Archie has my heart, body, and soul. I could never think of living without him. I know he's still out there looking for me, and I believe in him.

David hasn't spoken with James after last night's incident. My head is still throbbing from the pain and the lack of sleep. My muscles are still sore from prolonged sitting and I think my eyes turned white from waiting to be free.

Heaving a sigh, I check my outfit for tonight. David says to wear something sexy, I tapped my chin looking for the right dress in my overly huge wardrobe. Different types and shades of dress are lined with different brands—and all of them are my size. Okay, not creepy at all.

I didn't want to touch any of them feeling unworthy of their price. Jesus, they still had their tag on them. I surveyed the less revealing dress I picked from the middle. It was a black short mini dress sheath, that has a color of metallic black. It hugs my curves just right and covered my shoulders and reached above my knees. Just perfect, for my mood.

Next is my shoes, I traced my fingers on the next space until it landed on the shoe gallery. Oh my, if I am a gold digger I will be in heaven with this goodness, but I am not as they deemed to be. I have dignity and pride. They might think I am a materialistic person but I was not. They can throw everything they say to me but I didn't care. I didn't ask for this. I didn't need any of this thing or the gifts they have bought for me. No amount of money can buy my love. My eyes searched for the right heels until I spotted this beauty. It was a six-inch heel with studs and straps.

Okay, I'm almost done.

Now, for my hair, I twist the end of my fiery locks and put it into an elegant updo, I leave some of my tresses free to frame my face and went to paint my face with makeup, I know that this night will be the last time I see the outside world. God forbid if they feel like locking me up again when they are having those days. After coating my lips with blood-red lipstick, I put on the necklace Archie gave me on our anniversary, I caressed the small pendant that brought memories of our passionate night. I smile remembering our old days. I was too engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't notice the knock on my door, I jumped into my seat when I heard a sharp intake of breath, my heart thudded in my chest when my eyes locked on James, he stood there raking his eyes in every inch of my body, goosebumps start to prick my skin, maybe it was a wrong idea to dress up like this but this is the only dress that I see that is less revealing.

James' mouths parted in awe and the look of lust and hunger was evident in the growing bulge in his pants. Gag. He wore his crisp suit that hugged his lean and toned muscles, his hair is swept in the corner, his lip ring glinted under the light. The silver shade of his eyes becomes stormy as he keeps eye-fucking me. I squirm in my seat when he cleared his throat and sauntered into my room. With five strides, he was few meters away from me, I sat still in my seat, frozen to the spot waiting for his assault. My hands start to shake in our proximity, his intense gaze sent nausea in me, my stomach starts to churn for the possibility of him hurting me again. I fisted the hem of my dress and my eyes fluttered closed when his hand reaches my face. I flinched at the feel of his warm hands, and a small whimper escapes my lips. James caressed my face with the back of his hands, my body was frozen from fear, I feel like if I breath wrong he will slap or do worse. My shoulder is tensed and I refused to open my eyes.