#6. Misunderstanding.

Ehe. Sorry Childe ^^  (currently maining him btw, so it's not slander don't worry ToT)

Y/n Pov.

That was not something I expected him to say but I'm so glad he said it. I went on questioning myself and my decision to become a Harbinger ever since I told him and he reacted that way.

"This really helped...thank you"
"It's the type of closure I needed"

I am so relieved after everything he just said that I forget how to choose my words. I meant that I was happy to close that sad chapter of my life where I regretted my decisions.

"Wait. Closure?" He quickly asks.

"Oh I just meant-"

He cuts me off and continues.

"Ah yes right, right you're here with that other Harbinger."
"Apologies, I didn't think before I spoke. You must feel really awkward right now"
"Well, thank you again for hearing me out , I'll let you return to your..."

And with that flustered ramble of his that gave me no room to explain what I meant, he bows and quickly takes his leave.

Crap. He thinks I'm dating Childe.
...
...
...
"OMG HE THINKS IM DATING CHILDE. GROSS WHAT THE HECK"

"Ouch Comrade"

Areh '-'

"What the fork"
"Childe what are you doing here"

"Well, you were taking quite a while and I got worried about you. After everything you said about how you guys left off...I thought you might need some support"
"Obviously not physical. You're strength is unmatched ;), emotional support :)"

Omg, that's...
Really...
Sweet...

"Awww Tartar🥺"
I go to hug him and he accepts me, but then immediately pushes me away.

"Don't you dare aww tartar  me , you grimaced at the idea of dating me -_- "

"Well, you see..."

I relay the conversation that took place between Ayato and I. Not everything, just the main part about why I called the idea dating of him gross.

"Ah I see...STILL NO EXCUSE"

"I know I know :( , I sowi Tartar"

"Whatever."
"How do you feel?"

"Good. Relieved"
Those are the only 2 words that I manage to say because to be honest I'm still not over that apology and that misunderstanding that just took place.

"That's good y/n"
"You deserved that apology"

He walks forward and embraces me.

"Now then, you have 2 options m'lady"

Wait. What.
Options.

"You can go and tell him that, that was a misunderstanding..."

Oh no.
I see where this is going.

"Childe I'm not-"

"Shhhhhhh. Let me finish"

"I'm not making him think I'm in a relationship to make him jealous"

"Oh come on, it would be fun"
"Besides its not like it would be the first time we pretended to date 😏"

"Shut up. No"
"I'm going to go explain everything to him"

"You're no fun y/nnnnnnnnn :<"
He drags my name. Omg why is he such a CHILD.

"Can I atleast get a kiss before you leave me forever (>'~')>  "

"CHIL-. You know what fine. Come here"

He chuckles like a little kid and tilts his head down closing his eyes.
Heck no. I'm not kissing this fool on the lips ever again.

I give him a quick peck on the chest and slap him.

"Owwwwww, what was that for. What happened to my kiss!!!"

"I gave it to you along with a wake up call"
"Get it together you nut job"

"Mean"

"Dumbass"

"Bully"

"I'm leaving" I need to go to the Kamisato Estate and set things straight.

"No wait. I don't know the way back home"

"You're a pain in the ass :<"

"I thought you liked pain ;)"

"CHILDE"

"Ahaha"
"Let's get going y/n, drop me off so you can go cheat on me with your other hydro lover"

"So dramatic"

"Dare I include the Hydro Archon in this conversation 'o' "

"MOVE. NOW"

After finishing up my argument with a man who has the brain of an 8 year old. We finally leave the tea house and I drop him off at home.

"Peace. Finally"

Time to head to the Kamisato Estate...
This is the time Ayato would be training...
He loved training at night.
(I would know better than anyone else...ANYWAY 🙂 ) moving on...

I continue my walk to the Kamisato Estate.

Last 2 weeks left until Childe and I go full on hunter mode. We did come here to track down Signora's men after all. My personal life is not our main priority. Childe shouldn't be encouraging me to go and patch things up with my ex.

He should be ensuring I complete our mission. Why is he such a good friend. Ahh this makes me miss Scarra, I wonder how he is doing...

I'll send a letter next week maybe.

After a long walk that surprisingly was very relaxing, I find myself standing outside the Kamisato Estate.

'~●Author's Note●~'
Breather chapter, kinda. I want the next episode to be JooC, so I wanted to keep this simple.
Ehe yes I wanted Mc and Childe to have had a flirty past lol.
Scarramouche is pertinent to this story and timeline in which it takes place but dw I'm saving those details for later 😏.
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to vote and share, much appreciated. See ya😉.