Chapter Nine: Without Supervision

"Ready, buddy?" I say to Bolt.

"Pi-ka!" He says with a smile and gives me a thumbs up. I return him to his new Pokéball, and put him into the dispenser on the PC.

Using an interface, I select the sprite of Pikachu and place him inside the box. Instantly, a lazer shoots from inside the machine hitting the Pokéball and gets transferred into it. The PC works perfectly!

"Wow! I never actually thought that the prototype would work this well already.."

"Well yeah! We did go through the concept of transforming objects into data, no?" Aimee say.

"We did, friend... Thanks for that.. What's it like inside the PC?"

"Well, the wallpaper in the UI acts as a habitat for the Pokémon's spirit while it inhabits the PC. Think of it like a video game. It gives them everything they need while they are here. It's the same inside a Pokéball as well. An ideal environment for every Pokémon. All with the magic of data."

Some of the Pokémon around us stared in awe and chatted amongst themselves. As I grab Bolt again and release him, a knock on the door rang.

"Oh, hang on a second, guys. I'll get that." As I go into the living room, I can already see who's at the front door, Officer Jenny.

I open the door, "Hey, I'm glad you could respond to my call."

"I'm just glad to see that the little guy's still okay... Do you know where Jamie went?"

"No..." I say grimly, "I would have called you sooner.. I was in the middle of something."

She dips her head, "It's alright. Did she seem to be doing anything else suspicious?"

"No, just lurking in the bushes.. Scared Riolu pretty bad." All of a sudden, Riolu runs up to the both of us with something in his paws.

"Y/n! Y/n!" He says, handing me what seems to be a necklace, "Blitz found this in the grass!"

"He did?" I ask, holding up the charm. It was a golden chain, with an owl charm, made of some colorful crystal.

"Oh! That's my daughter's necklace! That's exactly what she stole from her..."

"Well... Here then. It would look better on her then Jamie anyways." I chuckle.

"Thank you so much! She's going to be so ecstatic!"

"No problem!" I smile brightly. A warm feeling wells in my chest, then she spoke again.

"I hope I'm not imposing on you too much asking now, but can you get us some Pokémon for us? Now that we have a trouble maker among us."

"Sure! Follow me!" I lead the nice lady down the lawn past our garden. Arceus lays out in the shade of the largest tree in the yard, play-battling with Blitz, Hindu and Hana.

Arceus lifts its head up as its eyes met mine, "Ah, hello, little one! Who have you brought to me this time?"

"This is the nice officer that was here to see the barn the other day. She wants a Pokémon!"

"Ah, yes. I remember now. What Pokémon shall be summoned?"

"Well... How about a Growlithe and a Lillipup? So she can get used to being around Pokémon?"

As Arceus summons the Pokémon and looks down at the officer, seemingly looming, "Now, child. Promise to both me and Y/n that you'll train them both with respect and kindness. Pokémon may seem like regular animals, but they're more sensitive and in tune to their trainer's emotions and energy."