one

𝚂𝚈𝙰𝙽𝙸 "𝙽𝚄𝙽𝚄" 𝙲𝙰𝚁𝚃𝙴𝚁
𝙰𝚃𝙻𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙰, 𝙶𝙴𝙾𝚁𝙶𝙸𝙰
August 8, 2019 | 7:42 A.M.

"Give me a kiss," Syani cooed as she grabbed her son from his high chair where he wasn't even eating, just spilling food

"Give me a kiss," Syani cooed as she grabbed her son from his high chair where he wasn't even eating, just spilling food. He mushed his hands on her face, planting a wet kiss on the side of her face. Syani kissed his forhead and sat him back down in the chair. "Love you, SJ." She said, calling him by his nickname.

He giggled and clapped his hands, flinging oatmeal all over the place cause Syani to laugh. He always played with his food when he was done but today he was doing the most.

"Stop doing that, Siah. And it's not funny, Sy." Keshia, her auntie lectured scolding the both of them. "Now hurry up before you late on your first day."

Syani rolled her eyes

Syani rolled her eyes. Her auntie was cool but she was all about school when it was time. She believed in education so it wasn't an option for Syani especially when she tried to opt out for at least a year. When Syani moved in, it was made clear to her that she was going to school whether she wanted to or not. Having a baby young already set Syani back so Keisha's mission was to get her on track and focus her.

"I'm ready while you checking for me," Syani said with attitude. It was her natural self and she couldn't help it.

"Don't make me show out at 8 in the morning, Syani. Go get in the car and put Siah in his seat properly." Auntie Keisha gave out orders. She wasn't a morning person but since she took on Syani, she was figuring out the whole parenting thing.

Syani grabbed her bag and her son's, then threw him on her hip as she walked out the house. He was wide awake and staring up at her with big eyes, just babbling away. Syani sat him in the backseat and buckled him in tightly. She had to learn her lesson about leaving his seatbelt too loose. She was truly still learning to be a mother, but she barely wanted to be that. She sat down in the front seat and her auntie came out shortly after.

The ride to school was pretty silent except for the radio playing in the background. Syani eyed the school as they pulled up. It was a big school with a lot of students. Some of them had money based on the cars she was seeing in the parking lot. Students were all in front of the school, socializing and cliqued up.