two

𝚂𝚈𝙰𝙽𝙸 "𝙽𝚄𝙽𝚄" 𝙲𝙰𝚁𝚃𝙴𝚁
𝙰𝚃𝙻𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙰, 𝙶𝙴𝙾𝚁𝙶𝙸𝙰
August 9, 2019 | 8:25 A.M.

Syani was sitting at the edge of her bed, rubbing her eyes

Syani was sitting at the edge of her bed, rubbing her eyes. Sleep wasn't an option last night due to Saint being sick.

She was irritated and sleepy, a bad combo. Saint was screaming at the top of his lungs and to make matters worse, her Aunt Kiesha was refusing to come get him from her.

Syani picked Saint up and sat him on her lap as he cried, his brown skin turning red. "Saint, please!" Syani begged, at her wits end.

Eventually, she tuned the crying out so she could finish dressing him for daycare. She didn't feel right sending him there especially because he came back sick his first day.

Once Saint was dressed, she picked him up and bounced him around to get him to calm down. It was no help. She was already dressed for school.

She had threw on dark green Nike sweatsuit and paired it with her black and white dunks. It was a simple outfit because she was sleepy and running late.

"SJ, please stop crying," Syani said as she rubbed his back while warming up his bottle. She was damn near dozing off in front of the microwave.

Auntie Kiesha came down the stairs, dressed and ready to go. Her room was on the opposite side of theirs so the crying wasn't too much in her way of the morning.

"Good morning, Syani." Kiesha said to her, reaching for Saint. He reach out to her with his small hands and curled up on her shoulder.

Syani didn't respond and handed Saint his bottle. He'd finally stopped crying as he took his bottle.

"Are you ready? I'm late on the second day." Syani mumbled.

"Yeah, did you pack his bag? I didn't have time."

Syani blew out a breath and nodded her head. She wasn't in the mood to speak. She grabbed him out his high seat, his face turning back it's normal color after being red from crying.

"What's the attitude?" Keisha asked Syani, folding her arms.

Syani fought the urge to snap and really give her a piece of her mind. "I don't have an attitude, I'm tired. I was up all last night!" She complained.

"You're a mother. That's what your responsibility is. Don't be thinking I'm your in house babysitter." She lectured, walking towards the door.