Ch. 13 "Stitches"

Amber POV

So here I sit. on a metal table in the lab seeping wet from the cold heavy rain. a blanket covering me as I held it as close it could get as I shivered.

Oh man I hate the cold. i thought as I shivered.

I was in the room with Bucky while Nat said she was going to fetch Bruce.

Bucky is the one who gave me the blanket. so Bucky aka the Winter solider can't be all that bad if he doesn't want me to freeze to death right? I thought as I kept my eyes trained on the floor.

Well more like glaring at the floor.

I hear the door open to see Nat and Bruce walk in.

"Hello Amber Nat says you have a few nasty cuts." Bruce said

I do? I thought tilting my head.

He put some gloves on. he started touching my temple. which caused me to wince a little bit. but not much I was trained not to show any kind of emotion.

No fear. No pain. nothing.

"This.. This is going to need stitches." Bruce said

I don't even remember getting this injury. I mean I was so focused on escaping them. I guess I didn't notice getting hurt in the process.

He came at me with a syringe. and that's when I really started to panic.

I do not like needles.

So once he got into range I slapped the syringe out of his hand glaring at him.

"Easy." Bucky said placing his hand on my shoulder.

"It's only so you don't feel the stitches." Bucky said

I glared at him.

"I don't think she's buying that." Nat said

"Would you rather not have the numbing agent?" Bruce asked

I nodded.

"That means your going to feel it." Nat said

I glared at her nodding.

Nothing I'm not used to. I thought

Bruce nodded.

As he stitched my cut I didn't even flinch. focusing on what has happened. Escaping the red room. running from them for months. then they finally find me.

"There that should do it." Bruce said.

"Now let me see these other cuts." He said touching my cheek. then my lower lip eyebrow

"They are not too bad. I can put butterfly bandages on her cheek and eyebrow." Bruce said

"Do it." Bucky said

Bruce nodded.

He applied the bandages on my cuts.

"There all done." He said

I nodded.

"Thank you." Nat said

I jumped off the table the blanket around me like a cape as I walked out of the room. the blanket dragging along the floor.

"Alright my little escape artist lets get you warmed up and changed." Bucky said picking me up.

Normally I would freak out about this. but for some odd reason I felt as if I could trust him. like somehow I knew he wasn't going to hurt me.

He did save my butt after all.

And yet I don't get why he did in the first place I thought as I looked at the look on his face.

His face kept changing expressions one's I didn't recognize.

Why did he save me? I thought