𝒜 𝓈ℴ𝓊𝓁𝓂𝒶𝓉ℯ 𝓌𝒽ℴ 𝓌𝒶𝓈𝓃'𝓉 𝓂ℯ𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉ℴ 𝒷ℯ 𝓅𝓉.2

"Sir, isn't your birthday today? What are you doing here this late? Your husband must be waiting for you to come home," Minho's secretary said while putting the documents he had asked for on his desk.

His husband.

Right. He was married.

He lifted his gaze from his laptop.

"Thank you for your concern. Don't worry about me. You can go first."

The woman bowed and walked to the door. As he was about to exit, she turned around and cast a concerned look over him.

"Sir? I don't mean to be a busybody but I've noticed you stay longer at work lately. I'm in no place to meddle in your private life but I'm worried about you. Just... go home please."

Minho lifted the corners of his lips almost imperceptibly.

"I will."

.
.
.

Once he was alone again, he glanced at the watch on his wrist.

It was nearly ten p.m.

His eyes then slid to a silver bracelet next to the watch; it was a birthday gift from his ex-boyfriend.

He smiled bitterly at the piece of cold metal.

.
.
.

"Let's run away. I don't care about the soulmate bullshit. I love you and only want to be with you."

"Hyung, I love you too but you know we can't. I was happy with you but you found your soulmate and I found mine... I fell in love, hyung. In the end, we can't run away from destiny."

.
.
.

Minho stepped into the house trying to keep quiet. Except for a few small lights above the counter, it was dark. The big house seemed lifeless.

The words of his mother suddenly rang in his ears.

"You should think about children soon. They would liven up the place."

As if on cue he imagined children's laughter.

The kids would surely have plenty of room to play tag or hide and seek in the big house.

"Maybe we could even get some pets."

They?

He couldn't imagine having children with Changbin. Not after all the pain he had caused him.

With time, he had realized how cruel destiny was and that it wasn't Changbin's fault; that he had hurt just as much as Minho did, but in his eyes, it was impossible to fix the damage he had done.

The only thing he could do was to avoid him and wish that someday instead of endless sorrow he would feel hatred.

But his soulmate never hated him, no matter how hurt he was.

Passing his room, his feet froze. He hesitated for a moment but eventually got closer to the door and listened for any sounds.

Nothing.

"He must be asleep."

His hand that had been hovering over the doorknob fell by his side and he continued his walk to his room.

.
.
.

Minho woke up in the middle of the night drenched in a cold sweat. He couldn't move. His lungs burned; he tried to take a breath but his chest felt like a million knives were buried deep in it. His whole existence ached as if someone was ripping his soul from his body.

Suddenly, all of it disappeared and all he felt was emptiness.

No cold, no warmth; just a bland feeling of emptiness.

Minho wiped the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand and, taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes.

The moment his eyes shut, his mind filled with one person.

Changbin.

.
.
.

Quiet.

Everything was quiet.

The first rays of the sun were sweeping through the windows.

Minho stared at the blank wall of the living room in silence.

He had been sitting in that position for a few hours; completely frozen in place.

His phone began to ring somewhere on the the kitchen counter. After a few rings, he finally realized that it was ringing. He turned his head in the direction of the sound as if to stand up and get it but his body stayed glued to the sofa.

Looking at the counter from the living room, he noticed a yellow sticky note on the fridge across it.

His body suddenly moved on its own and soon he was standing in front of it.

"Open the fridge"

Minho knew it was Changbin who wrote the note. He always left them for him.

He opened it and saw a simple chocolate cake with another sticky note. He took the note out. His eyes scanned the message and suddenly the tears started to flow down his face.

He fell to the floor and began to sob like a child.

He always thought that he had lost everything because of his soulmate but that day he realized...

he lost everything when he lost his soulmate.

|t|h|e|☔︎|e|n|d|

A/N

I'm not entirely proud of the continuation of the first/main part but I wanted to write Minho's perspective of that day.

I feel like the "plot" was all over the place but I hope you liked it.

Don't forget to comment and vote. I would love to know your opinion.

Thank you for reading and supporting my book.

Have a lovely day/night. ☂︎