Leaving || ch.5

Adrien's POV

As the teens continued talking and laughing in Marinette's room it was almost midnight, most of them had gone back to their respective bedrooms to get some sleep. As they each said their goodnights Adrien was still in the room. "Uhm...Mari can I talk to you for a second...before I head to bed?" Adrien had both hands behind his back fidgeting with his ring.

He briefly made eye contact with Plagg, who was still in the room, nodded towards him and left the room with Gorilla following him close behind. Tikki not long after left the room as well, seeing as Adrien wanted the conversation to just be the two of them. "Of course, Adrien, what do you need?" Marinette replied. He then began stuttering out his answer feeling a bit self-conscious "Well I k-know we agreed to g-go on that mission and a-all.... but" He then cut off his sentence looking at the ground.

Why can't I just tell her? He continuously thought. "Kitty? What's wrong? You know you can tell me anything that's been on your mind or bugging you." Marinette said trying to ease his nervousness. There was a brief silence but mustering up the courage he looked back up from the ground and spoke again, this time with confidence "Marinette....I want to resign from being Chat Noir....I know that we have been training for the past couple of weeks and all...but I think I still need time to myself...considering with what happened with father...I don't think I'm ready to go out there yet, at least not in my hero form." There was a short pause and before he could continue, trying to refrain from trying to make it seem selfish and that it was just a thought and meant nothing Marinette cut him off. "Adrien, I know what you're trying to say. I don't want you to feel like the responsibility of being Chat Noir is forced. If you want to take a break, then you can. You don't have to feel obligated or intimidated I would say no to you, for wanting to take a step back from being a hero."

Adrien smiled at her. She was right anyways; he may not have known Marinette since her pre-school years, but he did know that Marinette was known for being an understanding person. She was the first people to treat him as a normal person and make him laugh in a while, ever since his mother had disappeared.

Marinette then continued speaking again "But, where are you going to be staying." She questioned. Adrien answered her question "With my Aunt Amélie and Felix. Before I left London and came back to Paris, they offered me a place to stay if I ever wanted to get away from the city." "Do the others know of this yet?" Adrien answered, shaking his head 'no' in response "No not yet. I plan to tell them the news tomorrow."

Marinette then nodded and took a couple steps forward and gave Adrien a hug "Okay, we will all miss you...Luka will probably miss you the most." She quietly laughed then continued "But make sure you call daily and tell us how London has been. Who knows we might even see you there on one of our missions." Adrien returned the gesture and spoke "Of course, I'll make sure to call you all. Before I leave and tell the others I'll give you the ring." They then released from the hug "Hopefully, Plagg won't misbehave while I'm gone, he really is a handful." They both laughed for a bit and then bid each other there goodnights.

Adrien made his way back to his room and passed Tikki and told her goodnight. Once he got back to his room, he saw Gorilla with his own suitcase next to his own.  "Gorilla as much as I understand that your concerned of my safety...I was going to travel on my own." Gorilla stopped packing and looked back up at the blonde. "But sir what if something bad happens to you. I may not work for your father anymore, but I vowed I would protect you at all costs." It was the first words Adrien had ever heard his bodyguard utter. He was always known as being the quiet type of person. Although he was muscular he had a soft spot for certain things, one of them being Adrien.

Adrien knew his bodyguard intentions was good but he couldn't have him spend his life always doing what he wanted. "I know but I want you here with the others. You get this chance to travel around the world. I need you here to stay with them. Protect them while I'm gone. I know I've had you by my side through all my problems but this one...the one I'm dealing with now...I'm handling it on my own." He was about to interrupt, disagreeing with him but he just nodded. His bodyguard then went up to him and gave him a big hug. "C'mon Plagg you know you want to join the hug. You cant just stare at the empty camembert cheese wrapper and pretend I'm not here." Adrien said while still hugging Gorilla. "Fine but only because you asked for it. Only for you kid, only you." Plagg then got up and joined the hug.

Back in Marinette's room (After Adrien left the room)

Tikki then came back into the room "Is everything okay?" She asked her holder she noticed that Plagg looked sad as he left the room. She knew for a fact that Plagg, the God of Destruction, her stinky socks didn't let his emotions get to him. But what made him become so emotional? she thought. The last time she's seen the god emotional was when his last holder gave him up, the reason of it being to much of a responsibility. The god stayed in the miracle box trying to find ways to cope with his feelings, and never spoke to the other Kwami's in months.

Marinette smiled softly at her and responded, "Adrien told me he was going to resign from being Chat Noir, he's going to be staying with his aunt for awhile." She then continued "Why do you ask?" she asked with curiosity. "Well, I'm just worried for Plagg. The last time I've seen him sad was because of his last holder leaving him. I'm scared that he might end up being in the same state now that Adrien is taking a break from being Chat Noir. He'll start to think it was his fault for Adrien leaving. He'll start to shut people out." Tikki replied recalling how Plagg had basically changed his whole personality then. Marinette then took Tikki's tiny paws in hers, holding them gently "I know your worried about Plagg, but we'll make sure he's doing okay alright Tikki? He'll be alright, I promise."

Tikki then nodded towards he holder smiling brightly at her. "Well its time for you to head to bed. You have some planning with the other Guardians tomorrow remember." Tikki said guiding her to her bed. "Alright Tikki, goodnight." She said getting in bed. "Goodnight Marinette." Tikki replied back as she turned off the bedroom lights and went to go sleep in her own room.

Next day || 3rd person POV

Marinette and her group of friends had gotten up early. They wanted to start planning with the Guardians where 1. The miraculous is and 2. There cover up plan to tell their families. On their way to meet up with the other Guardians Adrien figured now would be the best time to break down the news to the rest of his friends.

"So are you guys excited about the mission we get to go on?" Adrien questioned. "Of course I am! Like I said we get to be spies." Kim emphasized on spies, making it sound like his dreams had finally come true. Marinette then eyed Adrien for a bit, urging him to just tell them the truth and not keep holding it off. He then got straight to the point "W-well I'm not going with you guys on the mission." Luka then raised an eyebrow, confused "Why not?" Adrien then began fidgeting with his ring again "I-I mean it's not that I don't want to because of course I want to go on the mission with you all." He laughed a bit nervously as the others focused all their attention on to him still not really seeing his point. "What I mean is...I'm resigning from being Chat Noir for a while. I'll be staying with Aunt Amélie and Felix for awhile in London. I just need some space from being a hero until-" He then cut off short before continuing "I don't really know for how long actually. I'm just not ready yet. I think I just need a little more time to myself."

Adrien waited in anticipation for their reaction. Anger? Sadness? To be honest he didn't really know what reaction to expect anyways. What he wasn't expecting were for them to tackle him into a hug "Just promise us that you'll be okay and keep us updated how things are in London. And if Felix is still that annoying little brat he was back then I will travel there just to knock some sense into him!" Chloe said hugging the life out of her childhood best friend. "Of course, Chloe." Adrien breathed out while patting her shoulder. Only Luka was the one who wasn't in the hug "You promise you'll come back?" The teens then separated from the hug. Adrien then walked up to Luka and took both of his hands in his "Of course I will Luka! You know I'll miss you when I'm gone." Luka then wrapped his arms around Adrien "I'll miss you to." he whispered.