We Score a Deal on New Families

Hazel's POV

"Is it bad that I'm kinda scared to leave this place?" I asked Annabeth as we all packed. Piper was busy gathering up all of her stuff to notice or comment or care.

"I don't know Haze, I don't know how I feel about it either, I mean don't get me wrong I'm not fond of the place but I don't hate it because it's where all of us met. I mean it holds all of our memories here. I'd hate to see them gone... and besides, all of you are the closest thing to family I've got. And It's all so sudden, this stuff with Chiron...It's bothering me. Something's not right. Chiron always told me about anything that came up." She replied. She turned and pointed a finger at me. "Don't get mushy and gushy just because of what I said either. I only talk about the facts." She added with a grin.

I put my hands up in defense. "I won't, I won't." I said.

Suddenly Piper came in hauling a big pink suitcase. "Okay, I'm done." She stated proudly, putting her hands on her hips. "How bout' y'all?" She asked.

"Oh, we're just finishing a couple of things." I said with a shrug.

Annabeth whirled around. "Wait how'd you get packed so fast? You have like tons of beauty supplies."

Piper flipped her hair, with a smug grin adorning her face. "It's a celebrity thing." She said.

"Yeah, well, here Miss Celebrity, have this too." I said throwing her stuffed bunny rabbit at her.

"Sir Suddles!" She squealed, catching the rabbit, "I can't believe I almost left you."

Annabeth turned around with her backpack packed up. "Remind me again, why you call him that?"

Piper groaned. "When I was little I couldn't say my c's yet and so when I wanted to name him Sir Cuddles, it always came out like Sir Suddles." She huffed.

Jason was at the door and heard what Piper said.

"Awe, Pipes! That is adorable."

Annabeth snickered as her friends face became streaked with pink.

Piper turned around indignantly.

"How long have you been standing there? Don't you understand that we could've been indecent? It's rude to intrude like that Jason-"

"Okay okay I'm sorry. I get the point." He said, his own face flushed from the thought of indecency.

She threw the pillow at him. "Mhm, now go."

He scurried out.

Annabeth sucked air between her clenched teeth.

"Wow Pipes....you sure know how to treat your crush."

Piper turned to glare at her through the braids that fell in her view.

"I have a pillow over there and I am not afraid to use it." She pointed at it and gave Annabeth a death glare.

I met Annabeth's eyes and we grinned.

We all grabbed a pillow and fought to the death.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Annabeth's pov

I looked at Jason. We stood outside the Agreste mansion.

It was quite dreary looking, but the architecture was magnificent, marveling even.

A tall man walked out.

I remembered him. Gabriel. Gabriel Agreste. He had one son and no wife. He was rich, a business man and a fashion designer. He wore a stoic expression.