Festival

You watch as Momo and Iida write down the booth suggestions on the board. Your homeroom teacher has already zipped himself out and nothing, absolutely nothing, can get him out of there. It was up to your class representative, Iida, to lead the noisy class and organize the thoughts they have presented.

It seems like such a task for even the efficient Iida to handle.

"I swear, Iida, if you don't stop being so considerate of others, you won't get a good answer." You pipe up from your seat. You were right, of course.

If he wants to consider everyone's suggestion just to have a piece of everyone in the booth, Iida could never get this done immediately.

"Tch, the extra is right."

Bakugo was sitting next to you, sharing your sentiment. You can guess he was sick and tired of their noise and simply wanted to make everyone shut up. He doesn't normally agree with everyone but even he has to admit that you make sense. He couldn't have said it better - in his mind, he can but it wouldn't be as nice as you phrased yours.

"I'm so flattered you think so, Kacchan." You teased the blond beside you. He kicked your seat and you expected it, holding on and simply laughing it off.

And then, as if by miracle, Mr. Aizawa unzipped his sleeping bag and frowned, "We also need the winners of the Sports Festival to open the dance for the socialization night after the festival." He looked at Bakugo, Todoroki, Iida, and Tokoyami who were all not expecting the announcement.

"Yes sir!" Iida easily recovered from the initial shock and paused, "And our...partners sir?" He correctly assumed that they are needed in pairs.

"You can decide." And then your homeroom teacher took himself out of the conversation again by burrowing back in his cocoon.

You didn't even try to hold back your laugh anymore. Bakugo was the last  person you'd see participating in a dance, especially a dance that involves another person.

You already pity the partner of this explosive firecracker.

"What are you laughing at, Bubbles?" He sneered, using the nickname he knows you hate. It didn't even make much sense anyway, Bubbles from the Powerpuff Girls didn't even have a water manipulation power like your quirk. Bakugo only decided to call you that because water is blue and water is your damn quirk.

"Fuck off, Bakugo." You crossed your arms on your chest and rolled your eyes.

You listened as Iida asked for volunteers. Soon enough, Momo was the designated dance partner for Iida, Ochako for Todoroki, and Hagakure for Tokoyami.

"You're all fucking stupid if you think I'll be in that damn dance." Bakugo pushed his chair back, threatening to leave.

"Ah! That's not manly at all, Bakugo! You're the first placer!" Kirishima moved out of his chair to stop Bakugo, the bell hasn't even rang yet.

"Leave him, Kiri." You knew how to play his game. Being seatmates with him brought you so much advantage. "Bakugo probably can't dance anyway. Let's have Todoroki leave a good impression for the class during the dance."

Bakugo stopped in his tracks, turning his body to growl at you. He knew you were simply taunting him but his pride to be the best is getting in his way. "What did you say, you damn woman?" He had that expression on his face again, the one where his eyes bear the explosion that was about to travel down to his palms. "Are you fucking belittling me?" He opened his palm, ready to strike.

You knew he won't fire at you. It wouldn't be fair, you were not in your gears and it was unsafe in the classroom. Plus he was actually keeping his records clean and his grades up, no matter how obnoxiously mean he can be.