Demon Slayer

Izuku POV

It felt good, knowing I was powerful. A demon is something that can take one even some pro heroes. Even if that one was weak it could still do some damage, and I was the one to kill it. That's the thing about demons, once they die they can't come back. They have no soul to return to Hell with. Sure banishing a demon would have been easier, but I was working on fear and not logic. I'm going to need to rest for a while before I can do any magic more than small telekinesis. It was with those thoughts that I fell asleep, happy with myself.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock blaring in my ear. I got up and turned it off, once I did that I checked the calendar in my room to see that it was friday. "Sh!t. After yesterday I don't know if I have the energy to go to school today. Maybe I can just skip?" I mumbled to myself before going to put on my uniform. "I can't do that, if I do Izumi will definitely notice the absence of her favorite punching bag. If she doesn't, the Bakugou's will."

I packed up my bag with great difficulty. My body was running on fumes and it's likely I'll just be more tired by the time I get back. Even though I knew I was going to be in more pain than usual today because of my demon hunting yesterday I couldn't find it in myself to care. I was proud of what I did yesterday, I just need to get a better schedule if I'm going to continue this.

I started my walk to school, earlier than Izumi usually does, and made my way to school as fast as I could. I knew from experience that being caught trying to escape them only results in me being hurt more. I got to school and unlocked the janitorial closet I usually hide in until school starts.

When school actually started and I was no longer hiding in the janitor closet I got to my classroom and sat down. I noticed the marker-drawn words on my desk. They were all variations of Deku, quirkless, and useless. I tried not to think about it too much as I just took a wipe and started to clean it as well as I could. I didn't want to get detention today, it would just take time out of my library time.

Class went as expected, with me staying quiet unless called on, only to get the answer wrong on purpose. I'd already learned all this online or in the books from the library. I knew that getting the answers wrong was for the best. Although it was embarrassing, it was better than angering Izumi's gang by even suggesting I'm smarter than them.

I got done with the day and quickly packed everything away. I'd gotten good at showing everything in my bag before they got to it because if they go it then it was as good as gone. It's one thing if Izumi tosses it out the window or rips it. It can still be read if that's the case. If it's Katsuki or Katsumi it's likely to end up charred. Due to this I've gotten into the habit of only taking out what I need and immediately putting it away as soon as I don't.

I sat in my seat waiting for what I knew was coming. If I ran Izumi's gang would chase me. Sometimes I can escape them, but if I didn't it'd get worse. Judging by how I'm feeling today I don't think I'll be able to escape them, so there's no point.

"Would you look at that, the defenseless Deku didn't even try to run. Did you finally realize your place Deku?" Izumi said as she moved towards my desk. I didn't respond. "What you got nothing to say? Heh, so useless. You can't even defend yourself!" she said before laughing with the others. I didn't say anything.

She and the others then spent the next few minutes beating on me. I just took it and hid my face as best as I could. When they were done they left. I waited a few minutes to let the soreness of my body go down a bit until I could get up.

I walked home as best I could before passing the library. Should I go home? It's not like anyone would notice I'm gone. I entered the library and began to sit down and let my body rest. I was in a lot of pain, but I was okay with it. Today was friday so that means I can finally rest up from today and the fight I had with the demon. I didn't relax for too long before getting back on the library computer and beginning my research.