🤍

Lithonia, GA
Monday, October 26, 2021
5:30 am

SERENITY✨🥺

I twist and turn in bed hearing my alarm go off. I tried to ignore it but it was my first day at work, and I had to make a good impression. Extending my hand I disable the alarm, and turned to my wife laying next to me in bed.

I gently shook her awake and told her that I was getting ready for work. She was never home because she was out with her friends or shopping. But hey when your spoiled and unemployed you get to live in the moment.

She turned in her sleep still tired. I just flung my legs over the side of the bed, and walked to my bathroom. I perform my hygiene routine, showered then left the bathroom. I walk out of the bathroom, and head to my closet. Peeping over to the bed seeing that my wife was gone. Then a whiff of bacon entered my nostrils. Mmmhh.

I turned back around and began putting on the outfit I chose the night before. It was Monday, and my first day at work so I had to look presentable. A good start to a week almost always means that the week would end good. After I finished dressing I put on my watch, sprayed some of my "smell good"

❤︎

I grab my necessities, phone, and bag that held my papers. I head downstairs to the kitchen and lay everything on the counter. I watch as my wife shares out the breakfast on a plate for us. I check my phone and it was 6:35am. I had just enough time to eat breakfast and still make it to work on time for 7:15.

"Here you go."

My wife says as she hands me my plate, and takes her seat next to me at the table.

"Thank you, baby."

I say giving her a kiss on the cheek. And she lightly blushed. Even after two years I can still make her blush from the smallest touches.

"Your welcome baby, just make sure you eat up so that you aren't late."

I nodded my head and memories of the party Friday night flooded my mind again. That poor girl lost her girlfriend, and was probably going through it right now. But I have to admit she was fine asf. We didn't do anything while at the party besides dancing. But I was finally going to tell my wife about this girl I met. I wasn't a cheater, and I'm loyal so I had to tell her before someone else did. I cough clearing my throat before I spoke.

"Uhh so baby you know how I went to the party Friday with my friend."

"Yeah, oh and I did notice that when you came home you were a little upset. But I didn't want to say anything, just waiting until you open up to me."

"We'll thanks for giving me time to talk about it, but while at the party I met this girl that I was dancing with. She was flirting with me a little bit but I didn't let anything happen. But as she was leaving shots were fired and someone died."

"Oh God that poor soul..who died?"

"We'll that's the thing the person that died was the girlfriend of the girl I was dancing with."

"Mhm"

My wife only nodded in understanding and looked sad. She had a good soul and always had sympathy for people she either knew or didn't.

"Yeah so that was how my Friday night came to an end."

I let out a dry laugh and continue eating my food. After Friday night I didn't hear back from the girl. And the weekend just flew bye like nothing happened.