Chapter 15

(Y/N)'s POV:

"I didn't think you would have trouble choosing." Kakashi says after my lack of an answer to the Hokage's question. "It didn't cross my mind that I would have to choose... I seem to ignore the complications in life." I sheepishly chuckle and rub the back of my neck. "Well, want to hear my opinion?" he asks. "That would actually be great, and if you decide for me, that would be even better."

"I can't choose for you. This is a war we are talking about; I can't have you regret the decision I made." I pick up the seriousness in his voice and straighten myself. "I doubt I'll regret anything you tell me to do, Kakashi." I reply.

 "You pushed yourself extremely hard to learn a new nature and to learn a new Medical Jutsu, and it was all to help your extended family, or at least part of it was." he starts. "We have everyone on our side, but the Uchiha team will only be five people. The brothers and Team Taka.  Sasuke will not be able to look out for Itachi on his own out there, and you already made a deal with him to heal his brother when needed." he smirks.

"Wait! How do you know of our secret pact?" I ask, almost scared of him now. "When Sasuke was a kid, he thought he could outsmart me and hide things from me. He learned that it was near impossible to do that, and I guess now you learned it too." he chuckles and ruffles my hair.

"Ha! I bet you don't know about-" I smirk as I come to tell him a secret. "About you and Naruto planning a way to reveal my face?" he smirks back. I scowl and think of something else. 

Before I can even open my mouth, "Or you and Sakura trying to hook up Karin and Suigetsu together to get her to forget Sasuke?" he beats me again. I scowl again and point my finger at him. "Okay, but you can't possibly know that-"

"You are trying to slowly move in with Naruto?" he beats me to it again, and I take a step back with a slight blush on my face. "How... I didn't even speak to Naruto about it yet. It was only in my head." I'm officially scared of Kakashi...

"You had some of your things at his place, things you usually needed in your own house. Plus, I learned that you spend most of your time at his." he shrugs and smiles. I pout and slightly glare at him. "Well, keep it to yourself. Naruto doesn't know, and I don't know how he feels about all this." Tsunade laughs at me but doesn't explain why.

"Anyway, back to the main point. You worked hard to make sure Itachi stays alive during the war, and you went to the extreme to unlock your Mangekyō. You can join the Uchiha and not only help keep Itachi safe, but you can also use that time to train with them on your Mangekyō." he finishes, and Tsunade says he has a point.

"I guess that makes sense." I tell them, but they pick up the worry in my voice. Kakashi walks up to me and rests his hand on my shoulder. "You can't be everywhere, (Y/N). You only have one body." he tries to joke. "I guess I'm finally worrying about all this since it's really happening." I sigh. "We will be okay. Our side might not be as skilled as the Uchihas, but we also don't have people as sick as Itachi going out there to fight. He needs you, and so does Sasuke." he reassures me, and I nod.

"I'll join the Uchihas. I'll let them know once we are done." Tsunade nods and looks to Kakashi to dismiss us, but he pulls out another scroll. "I have other news." I was going to leave, but I heard what the subject was about and I stayed put next to the door. 

"A couple of days ago, we received a report saying Naruto managed to control the Nine-Tailed Fox." Kakashi says as he hands her the scroll. "YES!!" I cheered loudly while throwing a fist in the air, only to realize they were both looking at me with their eyebrows raised. "Sorry... Got excited for him... I'll keep my mouth shut." I swipe my finger across my lips, pretending to seal them.