Dear Future Me

Dear Future Me,

Lani, the reason we made this was so 1. you could look back at your 15 year old cringy life, and 2. so you never feel anything less than worthy. We have many insecurities, that have all stemmed from that one incident in 1st grade... the one with Aiden Lew. For those of you who are reading this, that aren't me or myself, the incident in 1st grade has bugged me for 10 years. My teacher had went to go print off some papers in the office, and this one kid caused all of my insecurities. He said one simple sentence that changed my life. "Everyone who hates Lani, raise your hand." Ever since every kid in my class raised their hands, I have worried about if I'm good enough or not. So now you know my backstory, you should probably know that i still don't have a lot of friends. I have a max of 5... hey me, are we still friends with Rebecca? Anyways, back to my point of this letter. Forget what that jerk said, he was wrong to say those words. Stop feeling ugly, or short, or annoying. You are perfect. Don't let people walk all over you, never again. NEVER, i repeat NEVER let a guy use you, in anyway, weather to humiliate you or abuse you. You are beautiful, and smart, and kind, and thoughtful. They don't deserve to even speak your name if they cant see those qualities. So future me, don't worry, everything will work out. You will be happy, you will love your life. I hope this letter helps with that. I love you, and so does our family. You know they are still alive, but I'm crying writing this letter because i cant help but think the three people i love most in this world are gonna be gone when you read this. Oma Grandma and Grandpa, i will always love you guys and hopefully i can still see you when i read this next. I love you, me. And we love you.

Sincerely

15 Year Old Lani