DOLL

A/N: Ahhh I got many requests which asked for a doll! To be fair, I really had... no idea how to write this one? Even possessed dolls, I genuinely had no idea how to write them to fit the obsessive trait. But it still took me mf dayS to write this so I hope its alright!!

TW: possessed items, violence, touching, open mechanical anatomy, cringe

"Oh and before I forget, don't leave him alone. He doesn't like to be left alone."

"Don't....leave the doll alone?" You chuckled, looking at the small envelope hole your customer insisted on talking through.

"Yes." They replied, shutting the small latch. You were left in silence, holding a small box filled with metal parts and porcelain pieces.

The materials clinked against one another as you shifted the box. Your business was open for walk-ins, but this wasn't your everyday unscheduled fix-up. Customers often walked in leisurely or tripping over themselves, requiring you to fix a machine or child's doll.

This fellow however, preferred to stay outside of your shop, sliding the box in through the makeshift gap and latch at the bottom of your door. They were ominous, strangely demanding you to fix this, well, nearly lost cause. In the box was the tattered pieces of a doll. One of those life-size, porcelain and silicone models . They don't make such beautiful creatures anymore, but how mesmerizing it is to see one up close. People in your craft hardly ever got to see a real antique; usually just like yourself, they'd be stuck with the same old machines that were popular at the time. But you have been given the chance to touch a real piece of hand-made craftsmanship!

"Let's see.." You mumbled to yourself, trying to shake the eerie feeling you got from that stranger. Weaving in and out of the shelves of your home, you made it to a cluttered table full of metal parts and tiny gears. Shoving away some materials, you placed the box down: this was going to be your most important job yet. Not just because of the very polite pay, but because it was up to you to bring this shattered doll back to a whole. Its metal skeleton was nearly fully exposed, save for the cracked porcelain covering its limbs and face.

Taped to the disaster's open chest was a small note. A Short set of rules and a message was covered in grime as you gripped it. The note was scribbled with fervor, cursive letters giving you vague instructions:

'Do not look him in the eye

Do not intentionally break him

IF you leave the room: TELL HIM

Treat him like any other human being. Do not underestimate his strength.'

Treat him like a human? Don't look in HIS eyes? You knew the person that dropped him off must have been some weirdo, but this was a bit beyond. These rules were both unnecessary and ridiculous. Perhaps the client was another collector; a strange elderly doll obsessor living on a pension, using their last pennies and dimes to keep antiques like this. At least, you assumed as much. If they weren't, then you'd really be confused.

You bounced with excitement, tossing the note on the ground. Digging in the box, you found the several broken parts crushed at the bottom. Small fragments of porcelain scraped your fingers; sharp metal bands jabbed out of the doll's ribcage, showing that someone must have previously opened it up. You decided to take another thought to those 'rules'; was it just because the person was obsessed with the doll, or was 'something' ingrained into it?

Spirits of dead loved ones and evil demons possessing dolls wasn't unheard of; but you had thankfully never come across anything like that. The rules seemed ridiculous, but you decided to take them into consideration. Besides, the thing's eyes were spooky, and you tended to talk to yourself. This wouldn't be so hard!