Chapter 4

Albedo was at the camp next to dragonsprire. It was a chilly day and most people wouldn't go out in this weather, but Albedo wasn't fully human. He was made of chalk, so the cold didn't affect him that much.

He was carving a small house out of a walnut. He wanted to do everything to make sucrose happy, to show her you don't need to sacrifice yourself in order to make your dreams come true.

He saw sucrose running to the camp in her thin jacket, her cape waving behind her.

"Hello! I hope I fulfilled my promise and came in a jiffy. I'm extremely sorry if I'm late, I accidentally fell asleep." She said, panting.

"Sucrose. You're not supposed to run. You're still hurt. Why are you wearing that thin jacket on a cold day?"

"I'm sorry.. I don't have any others.." She replied.

"Please. Don't be sorry."

He walked closer to her and held her cold hand, knowing she still didn't trust him.

"I..." She mumbled.

She then did something nobody was expecting. She turned to him and hugged him by the waist, her face sinking into his chest.

Albedo smiled and hugged her back, his hair touching her fluffy ears.

Sucrose pulled away, feeling warm and happy, then realized what she did and turned a bright shade of red.

"I- Uhh.. I'm so sorry.. I didn't mean to.. Please forgive me. I did a horrible mistake and- M-master Albedo, I'm so so sorry!"

"No. Don't be sorry. Please. Listen, I am here to make you feel safe. But what you have to do to feel safe with me is to trust me. I know you trust me already, but not enough. I believe that you can do it. Please sucrose, just trust me."

He leant towards her and whispered something into her ear.

"Never. Call. Me. Master. I am not your master. I will never control you." He hissed.

"Yes. Understood!.. Never again..."

There was a long silence broken by small whimpers.

"I'm sorry.. I don't know how to control my feelings that well. This is embarrassing." She said between whimpers, that turned into quiet sobs.

"Come. Lean on my shoulder. Cry on my shoulder until your pain is gone."

"But then you'll get your jacket wet.."

He shook his head, and pulled her tight to him, letting her cry on him. He kept a firm grip on her so she couldn't manage to get out of his touch.

"I really appreciate what you do for me" Her voice was muffled, still in his jacket.

"Do you feel any better now?" He smiled, letting go off her.

"Yes. Just a little tired, no worries though. What are we doing today?"

"Were making a house. A house that we can put somewhere."

"Like the chestnut thing again? Or was it a walnut? Aaugh. I'm so forgetful." She blushed out of embarrasment.

"You know what to do. I have the cups of water here already though, so just the elemental energy part now."

She went to the table, grabbed the cup full of water, and summoned her catalyst.

She formed a small ball of anemo, light green colors swirling over her fingertips. She put it into the jar and mixed it, then gave it to her partner, who did the same.