Part 8

He led us into the meat room filled with hanging dead pigs. "What you're about to see is top secret... Do not tell my mother." He said before opening a hatch under the freezer floor showing a ladder leading into another room.

"Swine flu. Not good." Sam said.

"Now you know. Next time you eat a goat or a pig, there's a story behind it. Saaad little story." We climbed down the ladder and followed him into a room filled with papers and books. It was messy.

"Okay, files, files. We're talking about symbols." He grabbed a few papers and smacked Leo's hand off of a glass case with a decepticon head in it. "Ey! still radioactive. Hands off. Okay, Cube-brain. Any of these look like the symbols you saw?"

"Where'd you get these?" Sam asked shocked.

"Before I got fired, I poached S-7's crown jewel, over seventy five years of alien research, which points to one inescapable fact. The Transformers, they've been here a long, long time. How do I know?" Simmons had climbed a high tower of boxes to reach a stack of papers before throwing some to Leo, "Archaeologists found these unexplained markings in ancient ruins all over the world. China. Egypt. Greece. Shot in 1932. These the symbols you're seeing in your head?" He said showing us pictures and old video tapes of places with the symbols in them.

"Cybertronian." I hummed.

"Yeah."

"Same ones over here, right? So, tell me, how did they end up all drawing the same things? Aliens. And I think some of them stayed. Check this out." He showed us some pictures of some old cars and planes that looked like before the wars. "Project: Black Knife. Robots. In disguise. Hiding here all along. We detected radioactive signatures all across the country. I pleaded. On my knees with S-7 to investigate it, but they said the readings were infinitesimal, that I...was...obsessed! Me. Can you imagine that?" I nodded thinking back at our first encounter.

"Yeah. Megatron said that there was another Energon source here." sam said thinking back to that bastard's words.

"On earth? Another source?"

"On earth. Okay? And that these symbols, the maps in my head, would lead him there."

"You talked to your Autobot friends about this? What about her? Doesn't she work with them?" He asked looking at me.

"Hey, I barely found out about what he's seeing just recently. He didn't tell us anything."

"No, no, no, the source is before them. Whatever the Energon source is, it predates them. It's before them."

"So, it comes before them?"

"Correct."

"Well, then we're porked, unless we can talk to a Decepticon. I mean, I'm not on speaking terms with them." He chuckled.

"Actually, I am." We looked at Mikaeala in confusion. Her and Sam went back outside to get something from Bumblebee. I stayed down here with these two idiots. Simmons was trying to question me and Leo was flirting with me.

"So, uh, got a boyfriend?"

"Yes."

"Wh-really?" I didn't answer him. I was reading some of the information that Simmons had.

"Let me guess, it's with the big guy ain't it?" My brows furrowed and I looked at him confused.

"What?"

"I knew it!" He said clapping his hands together.

"Wai-wait you mean she's dating the aliens?"

"Exactly what I'm saying." Oh my god...

"I'm not dating them, I work for and with them."

"Right right, but as the big guy's assistant, that what you said right?" I sighed. We heard the hatch open then close and turned to see Mikaela and Sam return. My heroes...I thought rolling my eyes. They brought in a busted up metal box.

"Let me out!" We heard muffling inside as it shook.

"This is going to be a little bit sad." Mikaela said.

"Open it." Sam asked. And she did, a smaller version of a decepticon with chains around its neck like a dog jumped out and roared at us.

"I will have so many decepticons on your butt!" He shouted at us.

"Hey! Behave!" Mikaeala threatened him with a blow torch.

"What is it, a decepticon?" Sam asked.

"Yeah."

"And you're training him?" I asked a little amused with what I'm seeing.

"Trying to."

"I spent my whole adult life combing the planet for aliens..."

"Get me off this leash!" It growled bitting the chains.

"...and you're carrying around one in your purse like a little chihuahua."

"Huh? Do you want a throwdown, you pubic 'fro-head?" It asked trying to threaten him.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry about your eye, you know, but, if you're a good boy-"

"Uh-huh?"

"-then I'm not gonna torch your other eye. Okay? I'm not gonna torch it. Just tell me what these symbols are. Please?" I turned away trying my best not to laugh. God sometimes I missed Mikaela's spunk. It calmed down and 'kneeed' down.

"All right. Uh. Oh, I know that. That's the language of the Primes. I don't read it, but these guys... where the frick did you find photos of these guys?" I looked at him confused.