16. 🌺

16.

"Go on a date with me."

The night air was humid and warm, making Illumi's long dark hair stick uncomfortably to his porcelain-white skin. His lifeless eyes turned to Hisoka, his expression still as blank and calm as the day they'd first met. "Do you mean in the romantic sense?"

Hisoka didn't answer immediately, keeping his golden eyes trained on the starry abyss of the darkening sky. "Yes–in the romantic sense."

Illumi pursed his lips, a light hum vibrating in his throat, letting his gaze scan the bright buildings of York New which seemed to mimic the sky above it. Had the city always been this beautiful? He wondered with an inaudible sigh.

The magician was still waiting in sheer anticipation for Illumi to give him a reply. His clawed nails buried themselves in the gravel of the roof they were sitting on, grime greedily attaching itself to his fingertips.

"Alright," the assassin mumbled bluntly after a certain amount of silence, "I shall go on a date with you."

The butterflies in his stomach fluttered violently at the reply and Hisoka smiled triumphantly. He thought that the response was going to be much more disappointing.

Illumi on the other hand felt weird–sick almost. He wasn't used to the ripple of emotions that seemed to be coursing through him in a steady stream. It made him wonder if Hisoka had this ill feeling in his own stomach but when he glanced at him, the magician's expression was glazed with contentment and a rosy flush to his cheeks.

Are my emotions...incorrect?

Illumi did not know the answer to that question but he didn't bother to voice out his own concerns either, keeping his black gaze fixated upon the horizon. The city truly was beautiful that night.

♦♣♦

"Did you enjoy dinner?" Hisoka asked as they walked together back to his room in Heavens Arena.

A gust of icy wind blew towards them and Illumi brushed the loose strands of hair from his face. The two of them had been on several dates but Illumi could feel that there was some form of intimacy–seen in most couples–that they were lacking.

Was Hisoka just not attracted to me in that manner? "It was okay," he told him curtly, his dark eyes fixated on the concrete sidewalk.

It was silent again, the lack of conversation both comforting and unsettling. Illumi froze in his tracks, pulling Hisoka back by their interlocked hands.

Hisoka turned to look at him, noticing the soft crease that had settled between his brows, giving life to his usually vacant expression. "Are you alright?"

"Hisoka," he began in a monotonous voice, "do you have feelings for me?"

The magician grew confused due to the unusual question. He thought his actions had made it quite apparent how he felt about Illumi, especially since they had spent so much more time together. "I do. Is someth—"

"Then why have you not kissed me?"

"What?" The question made Hisoka blush and his heart pounded loudly in the cavern of his chest.

Illumi looked him in the eye, a pink tint on his pale cheeks. "Well, I've learnt that most couples kiss on the second date and we have been on a lot more than that, yet you haven't initiated the first move. Why is that?"

Hisoka was more than just surprised by the question, especially since he didn't expect Illumi to be the type of person who appreciated affection. "I would like to but I didn't think that it was something you wanted."

"Well, I do want you to. So, kiss me."

The magician would always be unused to Illumi's blunt behaviour but it would always be something he liked about his personality. He smiled at him and Illumi's blush only darkened, "Okay."

Hisoka gently put a hand on the nape of the assassin's neck and pressed their lips together. Illumi's eyes widened in surprise before they slowly fluttered closed, pressing his body against the magician's.

Hisoka's lips tasted sweet, almost like cotton candy and Illumi couldn't control his tongue as it flicked outwards, teasing at the magician's lips. Hisoka pulled back in surprise, the two of them panting softly.

Illumi loosened his arms from around Hisoka's neck and stared at his reddened face. "What?"

"You're hard," the assassin stated, Hisoka only blushing deeper. "Do you want me to touch it?"

"No," Hisoka said with a shake of his head, "not here."

♦♣♦

Illumi was sitting on the mattress of Hisoka's bedroom, his knees drawn up to his chest, the soft sheets crinkled around him. His hair was damp from his shower and made him shiver from the way it chilled his back.

The two of them had quickly come to the apartment, Hisoka exploring and worshipping every inch of Illumi's body with his lips. Illumi blushed at the memory.

The bathroom door opened and out came Hisoka who was vigorously drying his hair with a towel. Hisoka looked up and noticed Illumi looking at him and smiled softly. Illumi attempted to smile back but the unfamiliar expression only seemed to surprise the magician who chuckled as he walked towards him.

Hisoka sat down on the bed and looked at the assassin in worry. "Are your hips okay?"

"They're fine, just a bit sore," Illumi replied, pushing his fingers through Hisoka's bright hair. The assassin had always liked the other's hair better when it was down, he looked more approachable this way. "Can I kiss you, again?"

Hisoka blushed and nodded his head, lightly nuzzling his nose against Illumi's. The assassin cautiously inched their lips closer together and placed his cold hand on the magician's neck, making him shiver.

The kiss was soft and loving, draining away any feelings of lust and passion that were still lingering between them. Hisoka smiled against Illumi's lips before pulling away with one final peck, leaving the towel he had used to dry himself on the floor.

Illumi picked it up and began to fold it, the magician making himself comfortable beneath the covers. "Did you enjoy yourself tonight?"

"Yes," he replied and placed the neatly folded towel on the nightstand, "but I do not like the sounds I was making. They were quite embarrassing."

"I thought you sounded cute," Hisoka told Illumi as the assassin cuddled into his side, remembering the way Illumi's body twitched with pleasure beneath him.

The assassin didn't reply after that and the faintest scent of lavender coming from Hisoka seemed to soothe him, reminding Illumi of how tired he truly was. Hisoka noticed and wrapped his arms around him, beginning to close his eyes as well.

"Goodnight, Hisoka."

"Goodnight, Illumi."

♦♣♦

This gave me domestic vibes–should I write more things like this?

If so, please give me more ideas below.