Is he back?

Many, Many years later...

)Jack Frost's POV(

I laugh, waving as Jamie goes inside to eat dinner. Another day, another place. But I always come back to play with him and the others.

Looking up as Sandy starts sending his dreams everywhere, they abruptly stop, as they are overtaken by blackness, an aurora is then cast over the sky. Is, is Pitch back?

I shake my head, rubbing my eyes. The black is gone, Sandy's gold sand flying through the air, but the aurora is still there. Looks like its time to go to the pole.

~=~=~=~
When I arrive everyone else is already there, North looking confused, but Bunnymund, Tooth, and Sandy looking on edge, Bunnymund more than them.

"Whoa," I said, catching their attention, "What's wrong?"

North shrugged, "What I've been trying to find out. Bunnymund appears, pulls lever, everyone starts showing up. Tooth and Sandy in less a state, but still panicked."

"I don't know Jack but somethings wrong!" Tooth nearly screams, flitting around the room and constantly looking around her.

Sandy nodded his agreement and Bunny started pacing, "I dunno what it is! But something is very, very wrong. I can feel it, it put the hummingbird part of Tooth on edge, I dunno about Sandy but he feels something wrong too!"

Suddenly the ground rumbled, and a small part of it split open. Shadows and black tendrils filled the room, and a laugh, before it vanished. The ground still shook slightly as it settled, and all the Christmas trees started to wilt.

"Was that...Pitch?" I ask, as Tooth finally slows down.

"I wish not. But looked like it is." North murmured.

Sandy grimaced and nodded, picking up black sand off the floor.

Bunny kept pacing, more panicked this time, "He's back and she's mad. Nothing good happens when she's mad..."

"Who's mad?" I said, grabbed his shoulder.

He looked me in the eyes, "Mother Earth, Gaia." He whispered, though we all heard him. This is the first time in a long while I've seen Bunnymund scared.

North laughed, "How many times must we tell you?" He shook his head, "Gaia isn't real. The humans explained all the earthquakes and tsunamis. No, it's probably just because there was an earthquake that you were on edge. Animals are like that."

Bunny snorted, "And why do you think that is?" He defended, "Animals are connected to her! It's been proven we would know when she's mad!"

"Well Bunny..." Tooth started hesitantly, "If she's real, why didn't she help with Pitch? Or ever show herself?"

He snorted, "Don't deny it! You felt it too!" He defended, "Besides she holds a grudge. We've all come to term with humans, but she hates what they've done to animal and plant populations, the pollution. And she wouldn't have met a human, much less a child, in eons, she sticks to the wild." He started painting an egg, "Unless one found a way into her hidden forest, injured or upset. Otherwise they would've been chased or guided back to civilization."

Suddenly we heard jingling, and looked to see an irritated Sandy holding one of the elves like a bell.

"Go on Sandy, you were saying?" North prodded.

Sandy huffed and rolled his eyes, before spelling out words in sand above his head, not pictures for once.

'She is real,' he said, 'I've met her before. The three of us were friends before Pitch went Power hungry.'

I raised a brow, and North spoke slowly, "The three of us?"

Sandy nodded, 'Pitch didn't used to be so bad.' His eyes glazed over as if remembering something, 'We used to bring kids dreams everywhere, in balance, when we saw a girl sitting on top of a tree.'

He suddenly broke off, seemingly stuck in a memory.

~~~Flashback, nobody's POV~~~

Pitch and Sandy flew around, giving dreams or nightmares in turn to every kid. They stop at a park, by the edge of a forest, when something catches their eye. A girl, in a green dress with flowers on it, was sitting on top of a tree, staring at the full moon with a crown of flowers, vines, and branches atop her head, something rustling in the leaves behind her.

They flew toward her, thinking she was a wayward teen, only to realize she was somewhere between 19-21. She turned at their approach, eyes constantly changing colors, as if they were confused as what to look like.

"Hello," She said, holding her knees closer to her, "Who are you?"

"My name is Pitch Black," Pitch started, "And this is my counter part and partner, Sandy. He doesn't talk, unless you count sand pictures."

"Sand pictures?" She questioned, eyes changing color a bit more rapidly.

Sandy smiled, creating a picture of the moon above his head, using the dream sand to make it.

"Oh," she said, "Your the dream-makers aren't you?" He eyes calmed down, settling on a striking violet.

"You've heard of us?" Pitch asked, confused.

She hummed a moment, turning to look at the moon again, "No. But I've seen you. You carry dreams and nightmares to the children of the world, keeping their minds from being void less in the night. I'm Y/N, it's nice to meet other spirits for once."

"Other spirits?" Pitch echoed, "You're a spirit as well? What can you do?"

Y/N smiled softly, raising a hand, where a beautiful black, midnight blue, and dark purple lily sprouted from her palm. She released it gently into the wind, which carried it away. She stood, and they saw she had a tail. Smiling,Y/N leaned forward, falling off the tree.

They leaned over their clouds to catch her, but they didn't see her, instead a 'bird of paradise' flew upward and hovered in front of them. It glided back to the tree, and then turned back into Y/N again.

From that night a trio formed, going out together every night. Pitch was a bit cold at first, but slowly warmed up. They had no idea where she left to during the day, but that she was sitting in that tree where they met her every night.

One night, she doubled over, ghastly pale, eyes turning silver and a muted blue. She stumbled into the trees, and disappeared. The last thing they saw was her holding a red spot on her dress, where her heart was.

~~~Flashback end~~~

)Third POV(

Little do they all know, in a far, distant place. Eyes under a willow tree crack open.