Scene seven

The basketball team texted and told Troy they were having a meeting in the locker room. When Troy got there, it was pitch black. He walked in, "guys?" The light turned on. He saw Chad and his team with a table of pictures of Wildcat champions.
"Guys what is this?"
"Spider' Bill Netrine, class of '72. He was the MVP in the league championship game. Sam Nedler, class of '02. Also known as 'Sammy Slamma Jamma.' Captain, MVP of the league championship team. The "Thunder Clap," Hap Hadden, '95. Led the Wildcats to back-to-back city championships."
"A legend," Zeke said.
"Yes, Legends, one and all. But do you think that any of these Wildcat legends became legends by getting involved in musical auditions days before the league championships?"
"Come on guys." Troy thought this was gonna be a motivational, team bonding meeting not an intervention.
"Get your head in the game!" The wildcats shouted in unison.
"These Wildcat legends became legends because they never took their eye off the prize."
"Get your head in the game!" Yet again, The wildcats shouted in unison.
"Who was the first sophomore ever to make starting varsity?"
"Troy!" The wildcats shouted in unison.
"Who voted him team captain this year?
"Us!" The wildcats shouted in unison.
"And who is gonna get their butts kicked in Friday's championship game if Troy's
worried about an audition?"
"We are!" Jason shouted.
"Guys, come on. There's 12 people on this team, not just me."
"Just 12? Oh, no, I think you're forgetting about one very important 13th member of our squad." Chad handed him one last picture that Troy flipped over.
"My dad,"
"Yes, Troy. Wildcat basketball champion,
class of 1981. Champion, father, and now coach. It's a winning tradition like no other."

Meanwhile, Silvia was being lead to the science lab by Gabriella. They met up with the rest of the decathlon team.
"What the hell?"
"Take a seat Silvia." Taylor pointed her yard stick to a chair which Silvia complied.
Taylor started her speech. "From lowly Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon, to early warriors, medieval knights. All leading up to...lunkhead basketball man."
Silvia scoffed. "Yes, our culture worshiped the aggressor throughout the ages and we end up with spoiled, overpaid bonehead athletes who contribute little to civilization other than slam dunks and touchdowns."
"Touchdowns are football." Silvia corrected but Taylor ignored her.
"That is the inevitable world of Troy Bolton. But the path of the mind,the path we're on, ours is the path that has brought us these people: Eleanor Roosevelt, Frida Kahlo, Sandra Day O'Connor, Madame Curie, Jane Goodall,
Oprah Winfrey, and so many others who the world reveres."
"What's this about? I've got Kelsi waiting for me to rehearse."
"Silvia!" Taylor yelled. Silvias eyes narrowed.
"Don't raise your voice at me Taylor." Taylor gulped but continued.
"Troy Bolton represents one side of evolution. And our side, the side of education and accomplishment is the future of civilization! This is the side where you belong," Taylor pressed a button on the computer which made the screen flicker to Troy in the locker room.
"Isn't a camera in the locker room illegal?"
"Just listen."
Troys voice filled the room.
"Guys, if you don't know that I'll put
a 110% of my guts into that game,then you don't know me."
"But we just thought..." Chad tried to interject.
"I'll tell you what I thought. I thought that you're my friends. Win together, lose together, teammates."
"But suddenly Silvia...and the singing." Chad tried to justify himself.
"Man, I'm for the team! I've always been for the team. She's just someone I'm dating. Alright the singing thing is nothing. A way to keep my nerves down. It means nothing to me. You're my guys and this is our team. Silvia is not important. I'll forget about her, I'll break up with her. I'll forget the audition and we'll get that championship. Everyone happy now?" Taylor stopped the video. Silvia was looking down at her lap, processing what she heard.
"Behold lunkhead basketball man. So, Silvia, we'd love to have you for the scholastic decathlon." She put her hand on her shoulder. Silvia grabbed her hand and stood up. Silvia flexed Taylor's hand that brought her to her knees. "You're pathetic." Silvia glared down at her.