0-1: Fate

A boy with black hair woke up. He opened his green eyes. He got out of bed and stretched.

He looked at his hand and began to remember something.

'That strange dream I had... why did it feel so... familiar to me?' He thought. 'What did it mean? Why do I feel like I've had this same dream over and over?'

Flashback

The boy found himself in a place with a stained glass floor. He looked at the floor.

It looked like it depicted a boy with brown spiky hair that reminded him of his mother for some reason

It looked like it depicted a boy with brown spiky hair that reminded him of his mother for some reason. He was holding what looked like a key, but immensely bigger. Next to the boy were four mini-portraits of two humans and seemingly two anthropomorphic animals, a dog and a duck to be precise.

The strange part was that he felt like he had seen these people before. But he can't remember their names. Why do they feel so familiar to him when he had never met them before?

He saw three pedestals. There was a sword one one pinnacle. The it's left, going counterclockwise, was a shield. To the right, going clockwise, was a staff.

He then heard a voice call out to him, asking him to pick one weapon up and discard another.

Again, he felt like he had done this before, but when did he do this before and how many times has he done this? Why did he even felt like he did this before?

He went over to the shield and picked up the shield and discarded the sword, making it disappear. Shields are technically weapons if one is creative and strong enough like Captain America to toss it around like a frisbee and bash somebody with it.

He then found himself on an island that he feels like he has seen in some other dream. He also felt like he had been here before, but it felt like he was here for ten if not twenty years!

He then finds himself surrounded by three people. They all began to ask him about questions one would ask to someone else on a survey relating to their daily lives. After he answered them, he was told that his adventure would start at midday.

But what did that even mean? His adventure? Midday? What did any of that even mean? Why had he heard such words before?

The next thing he knew, he was fighting monsters unlike anything he had witnessed before. Yet at the same time, he felt like he has fought these monsters again and again. They all had pitch black bodies similar to younger Grimm, but the eyes looked absolutely soulless. Not a single hint of emotion was there. Not even aggression or animosity.

Then there was a giant and... everything went black.

Present