1916-1920

Chapter 1916: I Call the Shots

Zi Beiying continued, “Also, Charles Cretan brazenly said that if I married him, he would help put an end to the ambushing. He blatantly pretended that he was not behind them.”

He was certainly shameless.

“Since you know that the Cretans were behind it, why didn’t you spill on them? I’m sure no one appreciates this exploitation and slander!” asked Gu Ning.

If Gu Ning could come up with the suggestion, the Zi family was likely to have considered this action themselves. She was more curious for the reason they decided against it.

“My father wanted to do that too. Sadly, there are some internal problems in the clan. The moment my father and older brother leave Southeast Asia, people are bound to move in on us. My family is in really deep water now,” said Zi Beiying. She sounded deeply regretful and worried. If she had not gone to Country Y, none of this would have happened.

Since it was time for Gu Ning to board, she could not go on chatting with Zi Beiying. “I have to board the flight, so I can’t continue chatting with you. After I get back to City B, I will find the time to call you back.”

Gu Ning saw Zi Beiying as a true friend, so she was very concerned about Zi Beiying’s predicament and was certainly not going to stand on the sidelines without helping.

Gu Ning was preoccupied throughout the flight. She kept thinking about how she could help Zi Beiying. From the looks of it, she had to make a trip to the Zi clan.

However, she did not want to go alone since this was no laughing matter. She had to discuss it with Leng Shaoting before she took any action.

After Gu Ning arrived at City B, she did not head back to the Tang family immediately. Instead, she inspected the stores in City B before heading to the branch office.

Shengning Organization’s City B branch office was located in the abandoned district which was previously haunted. A skyscraper had now been erected in its place. The Shengning Organization had already moved in in the middle of the last month.

Only the main building was completed while the building intended for rental was still halfway through construction.

Fu Yanming, a man in his forties, was the general manager of Shengning Organization’s branch office in City B.

Chen Cangyi wanted to hire Fu Yanming. So after K did a thorough background check on him, they concluded that he was a trustworthy man.

Fu Yanming used to be a successful entrepreneur. Sadly, he offended someone powerful, so he ended up framed and almost got bankrupted. Even though he did not wind up bankrupt, it was as good as going bust.

Chen Cangyi reached out to Fu Yanming when he learned of what happened. After some discussion, Chen Cangyi bought over Fu Yanming’s business and made Fu Yanming the general manager of Shengning Organization’s branch office in City B.

To be precise, Fu Yanming was considered the regional manager and stood at the helm of several city branch offices.

Although no official announcement or major publicity was done for Shengning Organization’s establishment, everyone knew of its existence.

Everyone knew that Fu Yanming was the general manager of all Gu Ning’s official business interests in City B, including Jade Beauty Jewelry, Colaine Pharmaceuticals, Kouzi, to name a few.

Almost all the employees knew Gu Ning since she was specially introduced to them during training. And the receptionists were given special orders to remember Gu Ning’s face and to not stop Gu Ning from entering the premises if she ever came. It would be extremely embarrassing if she ended up barred from entry when she came to visit.