<Chapter Four> Found out..?

⚠️ TW: panic attacks,
voices ⚠️
I think I got all of them, please comment if I missed any! Enjoy! :)

Ranboo was again on a stream with Tubbo, this time they were playing jackbox with him and Tommy.

Ranboo was actually having a ton of fun, despite the constant buzz of thoughts going on in his mind, making his head hurt.

His happiness didn't last long though, as Dream was always there to ruin his mood at the worst moment possible.
Right now was one of those times.

Hey Ranboo, I see you're having fun!
Ranboo heard him say.
Oh god. Oh no oh no oh no, not NOW!

Ranboo felt his breathing speed up, as he managed to blurt out a quick
'Wait a second guys, I'll be right back!' Before muting his mic and sighing, his heart beating faster by the minute.

'W-what do you want? Why do you always have to come at the worst moment?'

Hey! That part wasn't true, don't you remember the time I literally saved you from quitting streaming? Oh right, you have bad memory, but still! How could you forget something like that?
Dream sounded offended, but Ranboo just huffed.

'I wouldn't call it "saving", it's your fault I was going to quit in the first place. Just tell me why you're here, Dream.'

Ooh, you remembered my name!Dream said happily.                          
Got some attitude today, have we? It's fine. That won't last long either.
Also, just wanted to remind you of something real quick.

'What?' Ranboo asked plainly.

I think you.. forgot to mute your mic..

'Huh?' Ranboo quickly looked up at his screen, seeing that he had very clearly missed the "mute microphone" button and left it on.

His heart sank, as his breathing sped up once again. 
He heard Tubbo's worried voice from the other end of the call say something. Or was it Tommy's? He couldn't even tell, he didn't understand it anyway.

His vision went all blurry from his panic, and he leaned on his desk for support, suddenly shaking from head to toe, his chest heaving from his uneven breathing.

Oh no oh no oh no, this wasn't good at all. He had just outed himself in-front of thousands of people, and his friends as well! He couldn't get found out now, he'd almost made it! He didn't know what his ideal goal was, but he had made it one month already, and that meant that giving up now would make him a weak loser.

Meh, he already was one, there was no need to prove that.

He was drawn out of his panicked thoughts by Tubbo's soft voice.

'Ranboo? Are you okay? None of us are streaming anymore, it's fine. Just tell us what happened.'

Ranboo didn't even look up, or speak. But the other two saw that he'd heard, as Ranboo's breathing became quieter, meaning he was listening.

'Ranboo, were you actually going to.. quit?' Tubbo asked nervously.

'Who is this Dream dude? Who were you talking to? I didn't hear or see anyone else in your room, is he still there?' Tommy questioned. Ranboo shook his head.

'It's because he never was..' With that, he broke down again, sobbing sadly.

He said nothing more on the topic, leaving his friends clueless on what was happening.

'Ranboo, you don't seem too okay. Tommy and I have been wanting to meet up with you for a while now anyways, I think this is the sign that now's the time to do it. 
Are you okay with us coming over tomorrow?'

Ranboo just looked at him, fear in his eyes.
He didn't seem to register what the other had said, so he just nodded, having no idea if he was getting himself into something big, or just agreeing to going out for ice cream with them.

Tubbo nodded in understanding, and allowed Ranboo to leave the call, while he and Tommy spent another half an hour discussing what could be going on behind the scenes, and what he could be keeping secret.

But despite what happened on the stream, the two boys couldn't deny that they were very excited to finally meet their best friend in real life.

For them, next day passed waaayy too slowly, it seemed like a million years till the next morning came, and they finally left the house, heading towards the taxis they had called about 15 minutes before.

(In this AU Ranboo lives in the UK or the clingy duo both live in the US, idk but they live like, 45 minutes or an hour at most away from each other)

But for Ranboo, time passed as if it was faster than the speed of light.

It was as if he'd only just left the discord call when he heard his doorbell ring, and opened it to see his two excited friends standing there, about to launch themselves into his arms.

But they stopped when they saw the state Ranboo was in.

Their faces dropped, and changed to that of worry.

'Ranboo..?'

~•~•~•~•~

October 21, 2021