Chapter 5

I opened the door and said bye to Jenn and watched her car drive away before I shut the door. That was exactly what I needed, a girls' night. I walked upstairs and got into the shower. I had my music playing and before I knew it, I was singing and dancing. I quickly remembered that my mom was home and continued the rest of my shower in silence.

                           -----------------

   "You're a good singer," my mom joked. She was sitting at the counter reading the newspaper.

   "Thank you," I replied curtsying. She titled the newspaper back and looked at me and laughed.

   I flashed her one last smile before I made my way back upstairs. After blow drying my hair, I threw on some sweatpants and a tshirt. By the time I was back downstairs, I had my hair up in a ponytail again.

   Even with a ponytail in, my hair felt extremely long. I just feel uncomfortable with my hair always sticking to my clothes and the ends tickling my arms.

   "Livvy, would you mind running to the store for me again?" my mom asked as I just walked through the kitchen door. 

   "Sure, make me a list and I'll go," I said walking over to the closet. I pulled out my vans and my sweatshirt and sat down on a stool and put my shoes on. 

   "Thank doll, here's the list and some money. There's some extra so you can get yourself a snack and a pop or something," she replied flashing me a big smile.

   I put it all in a bag and slung it over my shoulder and I headed out the door waving goodbye. On my way, I passed the hallway mirror. I was startled by my appearance. No makeup, hair up, comfortable clothes, talk about dressing for comfort. 

   I finally flung open the front door and shut it behind me. I was about half way down the porch steps when I tripped and landed flat on my face. I squeezed my eyes shut from the pain and pushed myself up. Rubbing my cheek I could feel where the cut was and it wasn't bleeding so I decided to just go to the store and tend to my cut when I got home. I picked my bag up off the ground and continued on my way.