i dont dance

Im just relocateing this from a previous story! :]
_________________________________________

The annual gathering was held in one of the govoners mansions, this particular 'Dance' or 'party' as some would call it, was specifically for Pro hero's.

When Joke got an invitation she almost declined, she had never been one for large fancy gatherings, they made her anxious; but Fat gum had practically begged her to come. He always wanted her to step out of her comfort zone, as if she didn't do enough of that herself.

That feeling of anxiety didn't go away once they got through security and the large wooden doors of the mansion. She looked around, noticing familiar faces and waving at a few. The music in the large building sounded peacful but it didn't make her feel better.

"Do we have to do this?" She muttered to Fat gum, who stood by her side.

"C'mon I know how much you like being around people"

"Yeah..." she mumbled. She really did like being around people she just hadn't taken her anxiety medication and it made her want to throw herself into the sun. She just wanted to go home and curl into a ball.

Fat bumped her on the arm and sneakily pointed to a group of retired pro's, she nodded weakly at him and followed his lead as the he began a conversation.

Emi felt out of place in the situation, everyone was wearing nice cloths, dresses and tuxedos, but she still felt like everyone was staring at her.

She was wearing a navy blue dress with straps that fell below her shoulders, the dress touched the floor with a slit going to her upper thigh.

Maybe I over dressed

Fat gum was rambling to the group something about the school he had gone to, answering any and all questions they had. Joke quickly became bored of this and started to wonder off.

She made small talk with a few people but ultimately made it to the bar, she sat down and ordered a shot.

"I didn't know you drink"

Emi jumped at the sudden low voice directed at her, she looked over to where it had come from and saw no other than, Eraserhead.

"Doth my eyes deceive me?" She mocked an old timey voice.

"Eraserhead, at a Social gathering? Why, the stars must've aligned!"
Her mouth curved into a smile.

She hadn't even noticed him before, he wore a white button down with the sleeves rolled to his ellbows, and half of his hair was up.

"I was dragged here by mic" He said looking away from her for a moment to order his own shot.

"I'm sure I wouldn't have seen you other wise" she responded

The bartender gave them both tiny glasses, the smell of alcohol threw itself in her face as she lifted the glass to her lips, she forced the drink down her throat ignoring the burning it left behind. Emi ordered four more shots, she handed Aizawa two of them. Before downing them quickly and shaking her head, she hoped that the alcohol would ease her nerves.

"In all honesty I didn't want to be here"

"Really? I thought you would've burst through the front door and announced your presence." He stated.

"You'd think so wouldn't you?" She sighed. All the noise that surrounded her made her want to shove pillows in her ears. She tapped her foot impatiently.

'Maybe I should call a cab.' she thought

Eraser must've noticed how anxious she looked because he stood and waved his hand for her to follow. She stood hesitantly at first but then followed him.