17. 🌺

Suggested by coronaxxgorgon

17.

"What did you get?" Illumi asked as he looked through the shopping bag that Hisoka had brought back with him.

The magician flicked his eyes up from his phone. "It's just some new make-up and a few other things," he told him absently.

Illumi rummaged through the bag and pulled out some lip balm. "What is this for?" He asked while taking off the top and the scent of raspberries hit his nose. "It smells sweet."

"It's a flavoured lip balm. It adds taste to—" Hisoka's eyes widened in surprise. "Illumi, sweetie? Did you just eat some of my lip balm?"

"It doesn't taste very nice."

"Illumi?"

"Yes?"

"You're not supposed to eat it..."

"Oh." The assassin blinked and put the lip balm away. "That makes sense."

Hisoka looked at him in concern, thinking of ways in which he can hide his stuff because this wasn't the first time that Illumi had done something like this. Then he was struck with an idea.

"Hey, Illu?" The assassin turned to him curiously. "How about I paint your nails for you?"

The suggestion seemed tempting but then Illumi just furrowed his brows and shook his head. "No, thank you."

Hisoka pouted sadly. "But why not? You'd look so pretty and I promise not to mess it up."

Illumi stared at him blankly, his lips pressed into a firm line. He had always been weary of Hisoka attempting to get him to try new things because it always seemed to turn out horrible. Like that one time the magician had given him bangs.

But that pleading look in his yellow gaze slowly made him give in. "Fine," Illumi sighed and Hisoka grinned widely, "but you can only paint my toe nails."

"Why? I could just paint them to match mine," Hisoka muttered while showing off his freshly done red french tips.

"Did you really spend your money on nails?"

"No," the magician said while shaking his head, "I used your money."

"Of course you did," Illumi mumbled while he was being dragged towards the couch. They both sat down and Illumi began to flip through the channels, while Hisoka pulled out a small bottle of pink nail polish. "Do you not have any other colours?"

Hisoka looked up from his lap, where Illumi had placed his feet and raised a brow. "It's not as if anyone is going to be staring at your feet."

"Alright," he sighed and fixed his eyes onto the TV. "Just don't mess it up."

"I won't ~."

Illumi watched the movie was on in silence and Hisoka continued to do his task with a small smile on his face. As the assassin began to feel himself drift off to sleep, his phone buzzed and he pulled it out to see a message from Kikyo.

Mother👹
Illumi dear, I need you to come home. We're having a family dinner today so please do not bring that clown of a husband.

Illumi sighed and rolled his eyes then looked back towards Hisoka to inspect his work. "Are they dry?" He asked curiously.

"Yup," Hisoka replied, watching as his lover looked back at his phone and began to type something. "Do you have to go, love?"

Illumi blushed at the nickname and nodded his head. "My mother wants me to go home for a family dinner," he sighed.

"Am I allowed to come?"

"No, my mother said 'no clowns' this time." Illumi smiled when he saw the sour expression on Hisoka's face. "Don't give me that look. You know exactly why you're not allowed back at the mansion." 

The magician pouted and laid on top of Illumi. "It's not my fault that hag couldn't catch these hands..."

"You lunged at her from across the table."

"She shouldn't have provoked me," Hisoka retorted and buried his face in the assassin's chest. "We should have our own family dinner," he said in a muffled voice.

Illumi smiled and raked his fingers through Hisoka's red hair, watching as he relaxed. There was no one else the assassin would rather love than this magician.

"That would be nice," he whispered in reply.

♦♣♦

To the person who requested this I would just like to deeply apologise for writing something that has probably cursed your beautiful eyes. I literally suck at writing fluff and I hate it!

Once again, I am sorry. 😔