Like seriously, what do you think you're doing

Wilbur stormed through the hall, tripping over his own feet before he finally stumbled into the living room. Dream stood almost on top of the boy as his arms hovered around. No one knew what to do.

In a moment of panic Wilbur grabbed Dream by the back of the shirt and pulled him up off the kid. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" Barked Wilbur. The dirty blond stood with wide eyes, unsure as to what just happened.

Tommy stood. "Wait!" He grabbed Wilbur's arm and gripped his wrist tightly. "He didn't do anything!" Wilbur's eyes switched between the two of them, his next move being carefully calculated. He let go of Dream, putting a hand on his shoulder for a couple of seconds in silence.

Finally he spoke. "Sorry. I just wanted to make sure the kid is safe, you get it."
"Mhm." Dream said as he brushed Wilbur's hand off. Sapnap and George stood in the doorway, nervously waiting. "We should get going." George tapped his watch before walking away. The older blond gave Wilbur a nasty look before following his friend out.

Sapnap looked at Tommy, then Wilbur, before finally walking out too. The front door closed with a slam, leaving the remaining two in deafening silence.

Tommy noticed how Wilbur winced slightly at the loud noise.

"So..." Wilbur started. The younger one shot a glare at him. "What the fuck, Wilbur?"

"I'm sorry, Tommy, I thought the worst!" Wilbur pleaded as Tommy started to walk away. He sat across from the boy at the dining room table. Tommy seemed uninterested in what he had to say, opting to be on his phone.

His finger scrolled down his contacts list until he hit his mom. Quickly he tapped the call button.

"Hey mum," he said as he looked at Wilbur. "Just saw your text. Yeah, yeah, we're finishing up now. Ok. Yes I'm fine. Thank you," The phone rang with another call. "Hey mum I'm getting another call. I will. Bye."

The phone buzzed with an incoming call from "Gogy" He picked up and put it on speaker. "Hey, George!" he responded cheerfully.

"Hey Tommy. Just wanted to make sure you're ok."

"It's all good over here." He smiled, even though George couldn't see it he hoped it added some realism to his tone.

George sighed. "Alright. Get home soon. Bye." He hung up the line, leaving Tommy and Wilbur in silence.

Wilbur's eyes were soft, filled with something close to regret. Tommy saw it. Was he being too hard?

Shit

"I'm sorry Wilbur." He said finally. Wilbur's eyes lifted to Tommy's dejected face.

Was this really the state he wanted to leave the boy in?

Yes.

"It's whatever, Tommy." He pretended to still be upset. "Not like it really changes much anyways. I just wanted to look out for you."

"Did you know a guilty person is usually on high alert? I think that's why you jumped at the sound of the door." Tommy opened and took a sip of the water bottle that had probably been left out accidentally overnight. Wilbur looked a little shocked. "But it's whatever. You were just looking out for me."

Something in the air changed. Maybe Tommy had realized someone was there for him. He can't really believe that, can he? Three buffoons walking around blindly, shooting a gun in hopes it would hit Wilbur in the heart? That was his hope? What a pathetic excuse for hope it was. Both of them knew that.

The two of them took in a breath at the same time, as if to say something. Each waited for the other to speak.

"Let me take you home," He told him. "Please? It makes no sense for your mom or dad to come here."