Chapter 1

The stealthy warrior sneaked down the alleyway before she skidded to a stop and poked her head around the corner. Nothing but flames rose from the buildings she was hiding behind. She couldn't tell if she should've laughed at the sight or run for it before any of them would topple on top of her. Asgard's golden city was still on fire.

Vala could hear screaming from what seemed like miles away, even though the Asgardians who were screaming were only evacuating the burning buildings only a few blocks away. She took the moment to slip out of the alleyway and move along with a group of people running down the street, away from the glowing flames that were slowly consuming the city.

Bodies constantly bumped into each other; and into her. She was the only one who was walking calmly. Grunting when someone ran into her, she slipped out of the bustling street and back into an empty alleyway.

She took large, fast strides looking like she owned the place. Although that wasn't the case. Vala was on her way to assassinate King Loki. She had been waiting for this. For a while. Ever since she was recruited into Xandar's army. She'd been waiting for this since一

"Hey! You!"

Vala stopped in her tracks at the man's voice which had been muffled over all the screams which were still echoing from the mobs scrambling away from the fire a few blocks away.

"I'm talking to you!"

She paused before she responded.

"I'm aware." She finally pushed out.

"Turn around!"

"And why do I have to?"

"I would like to identify you; I don't see a girl in every alleyway walking while the town is burning down to ashes一"

Her hand slowly ran down to her belt, which had multiple daggers attached to them. She grabbed one and held it in between her fingers as a smirk crawled across her face.

"Then why aren't you running?"

The man went silent.

"Thought so." Vala scoffed with a cold tone before she whipped around; throwing the dagger at the man (who was an Asgardian guard), stabbing him in the chest. He fell to the ground lifeless. Without a word. She glanced at the corpse before she continued down the alleyway.

As she continued to wind through the streets and passageways of Asgard, she finally found a wall of Asgard's castle. She glanced up towards the nearest platform that she would be able to get in at. It was decently high; around one hundred feet up in the air. She'd been through worse.

Glancing over her shoulder, she simply took out a grappling hook. Swinging it as much as she can, she let go of it in hopes that it would latch onto one of the railings that stood a hundred feet above her.

After a few failed attempts of throwing it up at the balcony, it latched on.

She took a breath of relief and started to pull herself up the castle. She took a moment to look behind her shoulder once more to glance at the burning city. The fire seemed to have calmed down slightly, although it was on its way to the next block over. She rolled her eyes. Petty Asgardians. They don't even know how to put a simple fire out.

Once she made it to the top, Vala jumped over the railing and tip-toed her way over to the door. Creaking it open, she saw something she wished she hadn't ever in her mission... Guards right inside the doorway. Great. This was the last thing she needed; though she didn't expect the whole castle to be guard-free.

One guard seemed to have heard the small creaking noise the door let out when Vala opened it and notified the others. Double whammy.

    Well, at least it'll be double the fun. She thought to herself sarcastically. Vala wasn't exactly the type of assassin to make an entrance, but in this case, she would need to unless she wanted to be killed. The clanking noises of men in golden armor echoed quietly out of the small crack. As the clicks and clanks got louder, Vala pulled out a few daggers. You could never be too ready before a group of stupid Asgardian guards came to attempt to slaughter you on your way to slaughter their king.

The Asgardians were finally close enough to the point she could hear them breathing quietly. One of the anonymous guards took hold of the door handle and opened the door slowly.

Unfortunately for him, he was opening it too slow. In a matter of seconds, Vala had spotted a glimpse of a neck and instantly threw a dagger to his neck. He fell. Unable to tell if he was dead or not, she threw another dagger at the body just to double-check. He was dead beforehand. Another guard hollered for backup, yelling "KILLER! BACKUP, BACKUP!" as another yanked the door open. Vala's vision seemed to have slowed down to slow motion in a matter of seconds. Her sight caught hold of the one guard who was yelling. Killed him with a stab in the back. Then the other ten behind the door came into view. And with one swift movement, all ten daggers that had been placed into one hand had been thrown so precisely that each knife was implanted in their chests so perfectly that each one fell to the ground. Dead.

She blinked carelessly at the corpses on the ground before she plucked each and every dagger out of the men's bodies. Vala went on her way, walking down the hall with her black hood perched on her head, her cloak floated behind her as if she had not caused twelve murders in less than thirty seconds.

It was also quite clear that one guard who had hollered for backup was not loud enough, due to the fact no one else had seemed to have appeared from the other halls... What a glorious day to kill the king.