THE ADVERTISEMENT

In a cold snowy city street, a young man is rummaging through his character inventory while walking. He selects a winter fur jacket as snow slowly begins to fall from the dark skies. Few cars pass him by while people dressed in Medieval, Sci-fi, and video game outfits are walking along doing their daily business. The city was well lit, but it had very little life and was barren in some streets.

He swipes the floating screen in front of him, showing a Recording and Streaming tab. He hits record, and faces straight forward.

"Hey guys, it's me again, Humans of Full Dive. Thank you for tuning into my video once again. As you can see, I'm currently in the virtual city of Millenia. As it's Christmas in real life, it's also reflected in the game. Snow, Christmas decor and the like are scattered in this beautiful recreation of New York City but better. Let's start walking and see if we could meet anyone interesting in this depressing snow."

The winter picturesque of the virtual modernized Manhattan, New York creates a solemn atmosphere. It's as if civilization no longer had the time to stop and look and only cared for what they have to do next. Tucking his hands in his pocket, he continues to walk forward while recording.

"So yea, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone who's gonna watch this. Twenty Forty Seven here we come, am I right? I'll try to keep my head more straight this time, I know I was a bit excited about the last video a few days back."

As he continues his talk, a man in an all black trenchcoat, three piece suit and fedora is standing like a statue, with the front of his body lit up by an advertisement.

"Kiss Shot Acerola Orion Heart Under Blade, both Adult and Young form is making a return in this year's summer! Don't miss it! By Nisio Isin, Creator and Writer of the Monogatari Series!"

The screen behind the modern looking shop window was playing a loop of the mature blonde vampire in her Kizumonogatari form performing attacks and posing for the camera. The man was just there, standing with his breath visible from the cold.

He immediately notices the lonely figure standing alone, looking at the advert.

Without a second of thought, he looks left and right and crosses the four lane street headed to the right sidewalk to talk to the figure. Upon approaching the man, he noticed that he was fully awake and was just staring blankly with a small smile at the advert.

Gathering his spirit, he taps the man on the shoulder.

"Hello there sir, are you okay? You seemed lonely." The young man's voice was uplifting and positive.

"Lonely? Nah, just staring at this magnificent video of her. I never thought the day would come where I could talk and have a virtual life with her." His voice was calm and mature, the demeanor and how he carried himself was extremely professional yet approaching.

"I see, well the event is coming. I wish you good luck in getting her"

"Funny thing. I already got her from the January Eight Kizumonogatari Event last year. I took a two day long vacation from my job just to scope out the entire city and waited for that zero point five percent chance of her dying self spawning in one of the subway stations. By God's grace, I actually got the event and unlocked her story arc. Months of retrying her quest, I finally killed her and unlocked her as a Virtual Companion."

The advertisement on the shop window shines his head, showing a Southeast Asian character with a modest face

"Congrats. You seemed very passionate about her, I guess she's your ideal waifu huh?"

"I didn't even get her because I wanted my own Kiss Shot waifu. It's more so due to her use in combat. I know some server worlds have bias towards Vampires, and one that walks in the Morning is the best option."