A Single Choice (2)

Lizzie and Josie walked aimlessly as they tried to figure out what to do. Lizzie was still trying to process that she just met their psychotic uncle, who was a bit of a dick.

Not that that was surprising. He did eventually snap and kill his siblings. Lizzie looked towards her sister, noting the slight tension in her shoulders.

"What are we going to do?"

Josie frowned. "I don't know. We could try recreating the thing we did with black magic but that could just cause us to end up further back in time, and I have no desire to know what the early 1900s are like."

"I mean it would be cool to see the fashion but the sexism and racism of that time are not very attractive," Lizzie nodded in agreement.

"Don't forget the homophobia," Josie pointed out.

"As if I could," Lizzie muttered.

Josie suddenly began laughing to herself, making Lizzie look at her in confusion, trying to determine what was funny.

She shook her head, waving her hand dismissively, still laughing.

"Sorry it's just - I can imagine how many people you'd end up killing," Josie said, smiling slightly.

Lizzie stared in confusion. "How is that funny?" She asked, eyeing Josie.

Since when did Josie find murder funny? Did she hit her head when she wasn't looking?

"No, what's funny is that no one would suspect you because you're a woman," Josie said, looking amused.

Lizzie snorted. Ok, that was funny.

"I would get away with so much," She replied, making Josie laugh again.

Then, Josie sighed. "We need to figure out a plan," She said, glancing around, spotting a sign for a hotel not that far away. "For now, I guess we can get a room to stay in over there."

Lizzie looked over and nodded.

The plan was better than nothing. However, when they reached the entrance, their only plan was ruined. The hotel was currently booked full.

Why did nothing seem to go their way? It should be illegal for someone to have this bad of luck.

"Now what?" Lizzie asked, speaking more to the air than her sister.

Josie opened her mouth to reply.

"Need help?"

Both twins turned together towards the unfamiliar voice. They both paused as they spotted the oldish woman.

She had greyish-brown hair and gave the appearance of a meek vulnerable woman, but the magic that Lizzie could sense under the surface of her skin said otherwise.

"You two are very lost, aren't you?" The woman said amused. She had a knowing twinkle in her eye that put Lizzie on edge.

Did she know who they were? No, they weren't born yet, so that wouldn't be possible. So who the hell was this lady?

"Who are you?" Josie asked, beating Lizzie to the question.

The woman smiled. "My name is Sandra Flores and I suppose you could call me the seer of the Gemini's."

Both of the twins froze in place.

"You have no need to be afraid," She said, clearly catching on to their discomfort. "I don't share the views that most in our coven hold concerning your type of witch."

"What do you want then?" Lizzie asked harshly. She ignored the sharp look Josie sent her.

"To help," The witch replied, before walking past them. Lizzie and Josie exchanged looks. "Are you coming?"