Chapter 23

"bonding"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

It's been a week since my injury. My mom got time off so she can stay with me. Even though I told her I was okay, she said what kind of mother would she be if she left me alone especially with my father. She was taking care of me and always asked if I was okay nonstop. As for my dad, he had to leave for a business meeting, or at least that's what he told us. You know when you have a good relationship with your parents you would usually miss them when they leave. But when you have someone that constantly treats you like shit and a mistake, it's not that hard to not miss them at all. At least I have one parent I can actually lean on. Unfortunately, it was her last day here in Tree Hill since she had to get back to work.

"Andrew?" I heard my Mother say from outside of the room making me walk to open the door.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"I was wondering if you would want spent time with your wonderful mother," she said as leaned against the door frame before continuing. "but if you want to hang out with your friends that's fine."

"Mom, what kind of jackass do you think I am?" Responding back to her as she threw me a glare about a certain word in my response. "Sorry. Anyways what do you want to do?"

"I was thinking we can go to Karen Cafe for breakfast and then we can see after that." She told me before backing up and walking towards the stairs. "We'll leave in a few."

~

"I'm surprised Ms.Roe isn't here," I said looking around from my seat at the table.

"Well her son did just leave her. That's every mother's worst fear." she went on just picking on her food before looking up and giving me a sad smile. "But I know that it wasn't your choice to leave. I know it was hard to leave everything behind just because of your dad." she finished making me ask her a question I've been meaning to tell her.

"About that, why did I have to go with dad?" I asked her as she sighed before answering.

"I tried to argue with him for you to stay there. And when I thought I won the argument, he just pulled the court card. You know how that would've played out. I'm sorry I should've fought for you, maybe if I did-"

"It's okay mom. You don't have to beat yourself up about it. I just wanted to know the answer." I said giving her an assuring smile. "I mean everything worked out, I have friends and -"

"A girlfriend?" She teased as a smirk grew on her face making me laugh and shake my head. "What? I like her she seems sweet." I nodded in agreement with what she just said. "I mean I only just met her, but the way you talk about Brooke, I feel like I fully know her."

"Okay, I don't talk about her that much." trying to deny my mom's statement.

"Really? Cause I remember you going into specific details like her eyes or her smile-" she teased

"Okay I get it I might go a little overboard," I admit interrupting her before she smiles and starts to talk.

"I don't think it's overboard. I think it's normal for young teens to talk about their crushes. Especially with the way you go on about her," she says making me drop my head in embarrassment. "Just know that if she is the one you marry, I'm helping with the wedding. I can already see it." She finishes as I looked up at her.

"Mom! I haven't even told her how I felt and you're already talking about marriage."

"Well, you know how the saying goes 'A mother is always right'" she tells me as I furrowed my eyebrows at the saying.

"Are you sure that's a saying because I thought it was-"

"It is a saying. Don't question my knowledge," she said interrupting me as I just put my hands up in surrender.

~ ~

The day out with my mom went by pretty fast and the sun was already setting. I thought we were going back to the house, but then the car parked outside of a shop.

"Where are we?" I asked as I followed my mom after we got out of the car. She didn't respond but just kept walking until we ended up inside the building. She talked to the man who was behind the reception desk, his attention turned to me before he nodded at what my mother said and walked towards the back of the place. "Mom, I thought we were heading to the house?"

"Just wait," she told me. I started looking over the place which was decorated with pictures of motorcycles and scenery pictures of someone riding it. Along with other decorations of the bike parts... Wait is this what I think it is?

My thought process was interrupted by the man calling us to follow him. I walked out of the store followed by my mother to see the guy leading us to a garage that had some bikes. I turned to my mom wondering if this was some prank or if it was actually what I think it is. The man got called over from what I'm guessing it's his co-worker and told us to come get him when we were ready.

"So you see anything you like?" She asked as I looked at her with a shocked expression.

"Wait, so you're telling me that I can get a motorcycle even in this condition?"

"No, you're just looking at the bikes to see if you like any of them. And if you do then you might get it, BUT after your fully healed so until then it will be sitting in a garage." She responded as I was still shocked at what was happening.

"You know it's cruel to do this, especially after my injury," I told her as I scanned over the room.

"How was I supposed to know that was going to happen? We can do this later if you want. It can be a birthday present for you." She tells me as I was still looking over the motorcycles until one caught my eye.

"So I can pick one out and take it for a ride after I'm healed?" I ask her for confirmation to which she responds with a nod. "I know which one," I say with a huge grin on my face like I was a little kid in a candy shop.

═════ ◈ ═════

The rest of the evening went by quickly. And today was the day my mom leaves. Yesterday I felt how it was to have an active parent again. Now I have to go back to only having the good parent away.

"I'm gonna miss you so much!" She said as she hugged me.

"Look on the bright side, maybe you can come down for my birthday," I told her as she hugged tighter before letting go.

"Yeah, I haven't missed one of your birthdays and I'm not planning on it." she chuckled out while she wiped some tears. "Okay well, I have to go. Remember call me if -"

"If I need anything, I know mom." I finished her sentence. "Now go I don't want you to get back home late."

"Okay, okay I'm going." She said as she put her hands up. "Bye sweetie, love you!" giving me a small peck on the cheek. I told her goodbye and watched until her car drove off.