After the Storm (Cuddles X Giggles)

*It was a stormy night in Happy Tree Land, everyone was inside while Cuddles watched the storm rage on from the inside as lightning lit up the sky and thunder boomed and roared*

Cuddles: *Walks up to the window and puts a yellow paw on the window watching the rain pour down* wow.... It never usually rains this bad here in Happy Tree Land.... What do you think Giggles?

Giggles: *Walks in with a cute smile as her red bow bounces up and down cutely on top of her head* certainty.... I hope Flippy is ok....

*They hear a knock at the door and Giggles opens it, revealing Flippy with sharp teeth and yellow eyes, also known as Fliqpy*

Giggles: *Giggles nervously* h-hey Flippy..... What are you doing here? In the pouring rain nonetheless?

*Fliqpy pants and growls as his eyes radiate nothing but anger and vengeance as he grabs Giggles and stabs her head on a metal pole as the lightning shocks the pole, turning Giggles black and burnt as her body crumbles into dust and blows away in the fierce wind*

Cuddles: Giggles? *Sees blood on Fliqpy and him holding Giggles's bow and screams as he slams the door and locks it*

Fliqpy: *Growls and walks away as Cuddles watches*

Cuddles: *Slides down the windowsill and sighs* phew.... But.... *Starts crying* Giggles is dead!

*Cuddles hears rumbling and the top of their treehouse caves in as Fliqpy slams down and turns to Cuddles with a menacing glare*

Cuddles: H-Hey Flippy.... Listen.... I know the lightning and thunder made you think you're in the war.... But you're not... You retired 6 years ago.... You're safe....

Fliqpy: Safe?! Safe?! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL SAFE?! EVERYTHING HERE IS TRYING TO KILL ME!

Cuddles: T-That's just your trauma bud.... I know you've been scarred and beaten by what you saw in the war.... Believe me, as your friend, I feel really bad for you. If I had survived such a major and bloody war like you did, I'd probably go crazy with PTSD too.

Fliqpy: NO ONE KNOWS WHAT I SAW IN THOSE TRENCHES! THOSE TRENCHES FILLED WITH DEAD BODIES AND THE SOUND OF PURE AGONY AROUND ME! AND ME BEING HELPLESS AGAINST IT!

*Giggles walks in as though nothing happened and smiles as she's holding a tray of tea and cookies*

Giggles: It's ok Fliqpy.... That's why we're learning about mental disorders like PTSD and anxiety.... To help you and Flaky and other tree friends who might be struggling with a mental illness. Most of the happy tree friends know that you exist.... You're an alternate ego to Flippy....

Fliqpy: More like his brother.... But I get where you're going.

Giggles: *Smiles* why don't you sit down and have some tea with me and Cuddles? Maybe it'll calm you and help you relax.... I know you're in there Flippy.... You just need a more comforting environment.

*Cuddles closes the blinds and curtains as the house gets a nice and cozy orange glow from the fireplace as Fliqpy stares into the orange fire remembering the fire he saw in the war*

Cuddles: *Timidly and cautiously sits next to Fliqpy and gently puts a paw on his back* it's ok Fliqpy.... You just gotta find things scary to be comforting.

Fliqpy: *Lets out a smile before calming back to Flippy*

Cuddles: Welcome back Flippy....

Flippy: Thanks Cuddles.... *Looks at the fire* why do I get reminded of the past that haunts me? I just want to live a peaceful life.... But apparently the universe is against that.

Cuddles: While I'll agree with that.... The universe isn't only targeting you Flippy.... We're just unlucky.

Flippy: Extremely unlucky.

Cuddles: Yeah.....

Flippy: Why don't we move?

Cuddles: Huh?

Flippy: I said, why don't we move? You know, live somewhere else? Away from this cursed land?

Cuddles: Where would we go?

Flippy: *Puts a light green paw to his chin* hmmm....

Cuddles: Well.... We could go to that animal haven in the south.

Giggles: Would they accept us?

Flippy: You guys probably.... Me.... Not so much.

Giggles: Even if we are unlucky and we die or get triggered every day.... We can't leave home....

Cuddles: We always come back.... *Hears a heavenly choir* huh?

Flippy: *Yawns and lays down*

Cuddles: Tired Flippy?

Flippy: Yeah.... How am I going to get home?

Giggles: I'll call you a taxi Flippy.

Flippy: Really?

Giggles: Yes.... It's the least I can do.

Flippy: Even after all the times I've killed you?

Giggles: Yes.... Cause we know it's not your fault.... You just feel like you're in the war and can't escape, being bound and trapped in your past, you do the only thing you were trained to do in those situations.

Flippy: Kill....

Cuddles: Yes.... And just because you kill us, doesn't mean we hate you... We know you're not yourself when you're triggered. You turn into a different being entirely.... That's allot to handle.

Flippy: *Laughs nervously as he rubs his neck* yeah....

*A few minutes later*

*A taxi pulls up and Flippy gets in as Giggles pays the driver*

Giggles: Keep the change.

Taxi Dog: Oh thank you.... Where to *turns around*

Flippy: Home please.

Taxi Dog: Okie dokie! *Starts the taxi* have a lovely evening you two.

Cuddles: We will....

*Flippy waves goodbye to Giggles and Cuddles as the taxi drives away and Cuddles and Giggles head inside and they sit by the fire, happy with each other's company and closeness, Cuddles pulls Giggles closer to him and kisses her on the head, which makes Giggles's cheeks red as she lays on Cuddles's chest, knowing she's safe and sound*