P.O.V. ~ Lauri Markkanen

Lauri🏀r u upwe need to talk

Lauri🏀
r u up
we need to talk

yeah

Lauri🏀
ill be there in 15

Markkanen locked his phone and put it in the back pocket of his jeans, not even bothering to check if Chantel had texted him back, got in his car and drove to her house.

He hadn't touched her in any way in almost a month and what he had just seen really made him want to ruin her.

He had been on Instagram — something he didn't usually spend a lot of time doing —and noticed she had posted on her feed. In the first picture, Chantel stood in front of her mirror in a bright blue bikini that showed off her beautiful curves and hips and the golden tan she had gotten from her brief vacation in the sunny city Los Angeles. Her curly hair that he loved so much in a high bun and her edges laid to perfection. Swiping to the next flick, his breath hitched slightly at the sight of her round, plump cheeks poking out.

It was a revealing picture, but she wasn't his girl so it didn't bother him. Even if she was, Lauri wasn't an insecure guy and he knew Chantel was to be trusted. What got to him was seeing that a particular person liked the post and commented a heart eyes emoji. Aaron Gordon. And it really ticked him off to see that Chantel responded back with a kissy face and a red heart.

Deep down Lauri knew he shouldn't be mad when he said himself he wasn't ready for a relationship yet, but the burning jealousy in his chest said 'Fuck that' and interfered with any rational thought he produced.

So that's how he ended up in the situation he was currently in. Driving through the quiet streets of Chicago to her place at two in the morning with no clear idea of what he was going to say when facing her.

After a short drive, he pulled up to her driveway and parked next to her car before hopping out of the vehicle and locking it. He jogged to the porch, doing his best to avoid the chilly breeze. Markkanen rang the doorbell and waited a few seconds for her to open.

At the sound, Chantel strutted down her stairs with her phone in hand. She opened her front door to see Lauri. He wore a Chicago Bulls hoodie, his hands shoved in the pockets of his jeans as he gave her a small smile.

She rolled her eyes and stepped aside. "Come in." She invited him.

"You're not even gonna say 'hi'?" He furrowed his brows at her attitude and kicked off his shoes, leaving them at the door.

She closed the door after he stepped inside and moved around his body to face him. "I was planning to go to sleep soon, Lauri." Chantel walked into the living room and sat down on the couch, waiting for him to do the same. "What you wanna talk about?" She asked placing her phone down.

The power forward sat on the end of the couch. He looked at her momentarily. Chantel wore a long black T-shirt and had a pair of yellow boxers underneath that he didn't recognize as his own and he released a chuckle, taking a mental note to ask her about it later. Her hair was free, the natural curls bouncing when she moved her head.