Chapter 12: Oga's New Deal

Kira smiled as she felt the warm rays of sun tickled her face. She loved waking up and seeing the pretty sunrise on the spires. It was relaxing and helped give a good start to her day. Nothing but positivity-

She heard arguing across the hall and sighed. Right. The Bad Batch are here, which meant her problems are here- and real. Ugh. Guess it's time to start the day, although she was a little less than enthusiastic.

She headed right into the shower, not hearing her bedroom door being knocked on or opened after the fact.

"Kira?" Tech poked his head in. He had knocked for the last few minutes and heard no response. She was alive in here...right? "Miss Kira, are you in here?" He felt so awkward doing this, entering without permission. Damn Wrecker for backing up their only toilet...

He walked across the room, seeing that things were disturbed. The sheets on her bed sloppily made or some spare clothes lying out on the couch. Huh. Where was Kira?

He went over to the window and took a look out, whistling softly. Nice view. No wonder why Kira liked it here. Although the room could use a fresh coat of paint and some air freshener to remove the "old" smell but he was simply being technical.

Tech went over to presumably the refresher and paused. Was that...water running? He pressed his ear to the door to confirm then gasped. Well, he found Kira...just not where or how he wanted to do so. He could wait. He wasn't going to dare disturb her.

Tech backed away from the door, hoping she would never know he was here. He started back towards the exit, passing a closet with a partially open door. Something caught his eye and he stopped in his tracks, backing up a few steps and tilting his head to the side. Something was shiny in there...

He turned away, knowing he shouldn't...but Kira would be in the shower longer. Oh! Maybe if this was a secret interest she had, he could research and display the same interests in the same things! As long as it wasn't anything too insignificant to add into his mental log of research. Hunter wouldn't know what hit him when Kira started flocking to Tech's side instead.

So with that thought in mind, he rationalized and justified the fact of digging into her personal stash of mystery items.

Tech pushed the closet door fully open and knelt down, looking at the shiny culprit. It was a wooden chest of sorts but with metal straps, thus the reflective part. It took only a moment to pick the lock then he slowly opened the chest. What was inside, took him by surprise.

Scrolls of paper- yes, paper!- were rolled up in here, along with a couple books. Tech couldn't remember the last time he saw or felt paper, unless they were somewhere extremely poor that couldn't afford technology. A small wooden animal was in here too. It looked hand carved. Some exotic bird of prey.

He picked up one of the books and opened it. Flipping through the pages, it appeared to be a journal of sorts. Some missions Kira has went on, dreams she's had...nothing that really stood out to Tech. He didn't understand the Force or how she labeled it as working for her. It didn't seem realistic in his mindset.

Tech set that book aside and tried the next one. This seemed to be more...deep and personal. Kira wrote about her past life and what he read was shocking. He guessed she was somehow Imperial, but she labeled herself as an Inquisitor. He's heard that title before, but he couldn't recall from where. According to how she described the job, it seemed rather hellish to become a...Jedi assassin. Ah, that's what they were. The struggle to keep up with challenges, proving her worth over and over, repeatedly living the same brainwashed life day to day...which ultimately turned into failing some final, most important test. It left Kira devastated and forced to leave or be killed. Hmm...interesting.