-6-

"And that is P5, Willow. P5. Well done" Mark cheered as she finally crossed the line. 

"WOHOO let's go boys. Great first race, and here's to many more" she cheered knowing that with her pace and qualifying position, she probably couldn't have done much better. 

So therefore she had a satisfied feeling when she parked her car in her P5 spot, turned it off and got out. She tried looking for Pierre, but couldn't see him anywhere, which was strange considering he qualified P8.

But she didn't have much time to think about it. Instead she took her helmet and balaclava off to get some fresh air since she was basically covered in sweat. 

When she had been weighted, she finally made her way to the garage where she saw Pierre sitting with his head resting in his hands and a sad look on his face. Oh no. She quickly made her way over to him and kneeled in front of him grabbing his hands causing him to look at her. 

"What happened?" she asked noticing his eyes that were almost a bit watery. 

He sighed before finally answering, "I spun out mid race and ruined everything" 

She felt so bad for Pierre. He was always there for Willow when something bad happened with her race. He even knew about Willows parents and was always ready to help her when they tried talking shit about her career. It truly hurt her to see him like this. He didn't deserve this. 

"Oh Pierre, I'm so sorry" she began rubbing small circles on his hands, "It's only the first race, you've got so much more to come. And you are one of the best drivers out there, you'll be just fine" she added with a little smile. 

At first Pierre didn't really say anything, but eventually a little smile formed on his lips. 

"Thank you, Will. I needed that" he said taking a deep breath before Willow pulled him on his feet and into a tight hug noticing that he could really use that. 

Pierre didn't hesitate to hug his teammate back, and he was so grateful to have her as his friend. He never understood why Willow didn't wanna be around more people. She was the funniest and most caring person, and she would always have your back. 

"Now is there anything else I can do?" She said when they had pulled apart from the hug and a little smirk appeared on his face. 

"You could go to the party with me. I know Max has told you about it, and I know you're trying to avoid it. But come on, Will. It's just a party, it'll be fun" He said with a cheeky little smile. Willow shook her head with a playful smile knowing that she couldn't say no now. 

"Alright fine, but this is a one time thing" she said crossing her arms. 

"Sure, I'll come to your room around 8" he smiled and the two teammates were now dragged to the media pen for loads of interviews. 

-- 

Willow had just come out of a nice long shower and dried her body and hair. She had put on some clean underwear and was now debating with herself on what to wear. Even though she rarely attended these parties, she did always pack some bit more fancy clothes just in case. 

She had two options, but eventually settled with a simple black dress. It had long silk sleeves and a square neck. It was tight around her well trained body and stopped mid thigh. She had even packed some black heels, and had decided to put on a bit of make up and curled her hair. 

She wasn't overly found with always dressing up like this, but once in a while it was a bit fun, though she didn't admit that to others. Besides, she kept telling herself that she was only doing this for Pierre. 

Speaking of Pierre, a few minutes later after she was done getting ready, someone knocked on her hotel door. She opened the door to find a smiling Pierre wearing a black shirt and blue jeans. 

"Wow Will, you look amazing" Pierre smiled hugging his friend. 

"Well you don't look too bad yourself" she said and the two of them made their way to the club. 

--

Lando had been at the club along with pretty much everyone else for about an hour now. He had mostly been chatting with Carlos and George, but even though he loved his friends, he couldn't help but wish that a certain other person was there as well. 

He knew Willow from back in their F3 and F2 days. She had spent her childhood mostly karting in Denmark, but eventually took the step further up, and when she made it to F3 she was travelling around the world. 

It's safe to say that Lando didn't speak very much to her back then. Mostly because she always kept to herself, and maybe also because he was a bit scared to talk to such a pretty girl like Willow. 

So when she joined F1 a year after him after winning the F2 World Championship, Lando decided to finally try and speak to her a bit more. She had definitely grown up a lot more, and she was even prettier now. 

But she was still a very hard person to try and become friends with. It was only really Pierre who had achieved that, and it did kinda make Lando a bit jealous. But he did manage to talk a bit more with her last year, and this year he wanted to do it even more. 

"Mate, are you even listening?" Lando was pulled out of his thoughts when Carlos waved his hand in front of him. 

"Hm? Yeah what's up?" he said trying to act like nothing was happening. 

"You just zoned out for like a minute, are you okay?" Carlos asked being a bit worried. 

"Yeah I'm good, I was just thinking" he replied taking a sip of his drink. He usually didn't really drink, but sometimes it couldn't hurt. 

"Uhh was it about a girl?" Carlos smirked. Lando felt his cheeks getting hotter and wondered how the hell Carlos could see that. 

"No of course not, I was just thinking about the race" he said trying to play it off. 

"Sure" Carlos replied not believing him at all. 

And just like that Lando zoned out again when his eyes landed on the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen who had just walked into the club followed by her teammate.