boys in trees

Heres the next chapter I hope you like it! Please vote and comment with your opinions!!

BTW HASHTAG backbone. IN THE COMMENTS! OR #ELENA AND #CAMDEN

______________________________________________

CHAPTER TWO

THE CHAIR FELL FROM MY SHIVERING feet. And that was it, just like that it was going to be over and I wouldn't have to worry about anything ever again. I’d struggle for a moment, gasping for the air I so desperately needed, but after only seconds that would be it. It would be over.

    At least, thats what I had planned out in my head.

    When the chair plummeted towards the dirt, I felt the rope snag my neck, but that was it. After that one harsh pull I too plummeted towards the dirt gasping for air. It would be an understatement if I were to say that I was baffled. It may have even been the understatement of the entire year - no, of the century.

    One thought ran clear through my foggy head, I must be really fat to break a two inch rope.

    I refused to pry my eyes open at that moment, because I knew that if I did that the tears would fight themselves to the surface. I had yet again attempted and failed suicide. Either fate was taunting me, pointing her wicked finger and laughing or I was a Vampire and just couldn't die. Both sounded preposterous but yet at this point I was considering every possibility.

    “Fuck i'm fat!” I finally voiced aloud. Loud enough to be heard if anyone was around, but not nearly loud enough to wake anyone up.

    When I heard a laugh, I pushed it off as simply being a delusion from my addled brain. But when it continued followed by a distinct snort my eyes flew open. I was faced upwards, looking into the tree that had just betrayed me. And I sure as hell was freaked out when through the shadows from the rising sun, I saw a figure of a man. It was lying on its stomach against the branch the broken rope once hung on, and for the life of me I could have swore I saw something like the Cheshire Cat grinning slyly at me. Or at least someone with extremely pearly whites.

    “What the fu-” my question was cut short by another voice.

    “You sure do have quite a potty mouth for being a lady” it said and right away i knew it was the Cheshire.

    I began to ramble hopelessly, “who the hell are you and what in Gods name are you doing in my tree? Did you cut that rope?”

    To which he replied, “and boy do you sure ask a lot of questions.”

    I didn't move from my spot in the dirt, only squinted my eyes at the figure that was slowly coming more and more into perspective. “I'm gonna ask you one more time - who - are - you?”

    The light was now shining through the leaves enough for me to make out a face, and a body, and even cloths. It was boy, his hair the color dead autumn leaves, and a grin that certainly resembled Alice in Wonderlands Cheshire Cat. He had to be as old, if not older than I was. The funny thing was, Forest Lake was a small school with only a thousand, if that, students in total. From Elementary all the way up to High School. Everyone knew everyone and everything. But I had completely no idea who he was, or why he was in my tree.

    “The names Bond - James Bond” to be honest, his sarcasm that dripped from his every word made me want to kick puppies. (Not that I would actually ever do that to a poor innocent puppy, but still, my feeling are the same.)