cheshire

heres  a new chapter you guys! please comment and vote if you like this story! I really love reading your reactions to what happens! :D

im really terribly sorry for the long wait time and i swear ill update within a week this time! 

to the side is a pic. quote of Cam.

 #backbone

______________________________________________

NEARLY AN HOUR AFTER CAMDEN "SAVED ME" AS HE CLAIMS, WE WERE SEATED ON MY BED TALKING ABOUT EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN. I quickly learned of his love for blueberry lollipops and he learned that I had thirty seven scars scattered over my body. He didn't judge me though, only ran his calloused hands over my wrists, staring at them with a inground frown imprinted on his face.

"So you've tried to kill yourself how many times now?" His voice sounded like he was disgusted and that made my heart sink to my stomach.

Yet I answered, "four."

"Four." He repeated shifting closer to my spot on the bed. "And why exactly did you try to kill yourself four times?"

"Why exactly do you want to know?" I questioned him, fiddling tentatively with my fingers in my lap.

"Because Elena, you see, you're quite broken, and one of my favorite things to do is fix things. But you can't fix anything unless you know what's wrong."

My mouth hung open, "I am not broken thank you very much."

His laugh radiated throughout the room and I had the urge to sush him even though I knew my parents were already at work. "If you weren't broken you wouldn't have attempted suicide four time. Wake up and smell the fresh scent of death darling, you're definitely broken. If not shattered."

"First of all Camden do not call me darling ever again. Second of all, i'm not some damsel in distress, you can't just come in here and whisk me off my feet and save the day. I think you are the one who needs to wake up and smell the fresh scent of death my dear acquaintance, life is far from a fairy tale."

The Cheshire stared back at me, his pearly whites glistening from the rays of light streaming from my window. "Oh Elena. aren't you just a naive little girl? Thinking about a Knight and shining armor that will whisk her off into the setting sun. No one ever said life was a fairytale. If anything, it'd be a nightmare."

My head tilted to the side, this kid was unlike anything I have seen before in my entire life. He was a contradictory to life and to himself. I had only known Camden for almost an hour and already I knew he was just as complex as a rubix cube. Full of color and curiosity but little to none could make all the colors fit.

He was positively selcouth; and I found myself inevitably drawn to him.

After what seemed like minutes in another silence, I spoke out. "You have no idea what life is like for me. I don't need fixing Camden. I'm no damsel waiting in some far away tower guarded by a fire breathing dragon just dreaming about the day her prince will come. I'm not anywhere near a princess. If anything i'm the dragon and if you get to close i'll burn everything to the ground."

This seemed to amuse him, "nice analogy, balaur, but please humor me for a minute. Throw the boy who just saved you a bone, won't ya?" Lazily he leaned back so he was propped up on the wall with his hands behind his head.

"Whatever" I shifted uncomfortably. "Well, a few months back some really bad shit happened to me all at once and I couldn't really handle it. That's when I tried suicide for the first time. I grabbed a razor and started cutting. I didn't really know how I was supposed to do it but I don't really remember much from that night. I woke up the next morning on my bathroom floor lying in a pool of my own dried blood."