SIX

THE NEXT WEEK PASSED QUICKLY filled only with classes, training and late night movies with Finch, and the only thing that is keeping Clove going by Friday is the thought of the weekend. She bends down, tying the laces of her worn out sneakers, making the damp sheets of hair that were previously resting on her back fall forward and into her face. She pushed them back as she stood, grabbing her bag and towel before heading out of the locker room. She slung the towel around her neck, hoping to stop some of the water from dampening her shirt too much when the cool night's air enveloped her, making her shiver.

     Scolding herself for not bringing a jacket, she rushed back to the dorm building. As she entered, she felt her body begin to warm and her shiver disappear. "If you keep running around in the cold with wet hair you are gonna get sick." An all too familiar voice said from behind her. 

     "Shut up, Hadley. It was only once." Clove said as she turned around. To her surprise, Cato was standing in the doorway  behind her in only a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. "Looks like I'm not the only one that's gonna get sick." She scoffed.

     "At least I'm not wet."

     "At least I'm in long pants," Clove examined his outfit once more before looking back at him. "Why were you out there, anyway?"

     Cato shrugged. "I thought I'd put in some extra hours at the gym." Cato gestured to the duffle bag on the floor next to him, making Clove realise that it was his training bag.

     "Right, I should have realised."

     "Well, I've been known to be distracting." Cato said, a small smirk appearing on his lips. Clove rolled her eyes before walking off towards the elevators, hoping that she wouldn't need to spend the elevator ride with him. Unluckily for her, Cato's long strides allowed him to easily catch up to her before the elevator arrived. "You know, it's rude to walk away from people that are talking to you." He said, his tone more playful than mad.

     "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were done." He chuckled as a ding signalled that the elevator arrived. The pair stepped in and the doors slid closed.

     "Level?" Cato asked after pressing the number six.

     "Five."

     "Looks like I know where to find you now," Clove turned her attention from the elevator door to Cato, her eyebrows furrowed slightly as a ghost of a smirk played on Cato's lips. "You're awfully short, you know."

     "Excuse me," Clove said, feeling quite offended.

     "Well, the first time I met you you were seated, so I just assumed you were taller," Cato started, looking down at the brunette beside him. "And then you stood up."

     Clove scoffed, glaring up at the blond beside her, hoping that the elevator would move faster. Thankfully, the elevator doors slid open with a ding that she must've missed. As soon as the doors were completely opened, she shot one last glare at Cato before leaving with a scowl on her face. Clove always knew she was short and she was often bullied about being so small during her primary days, but that didn't change the fact that being called short offended her.

     Clove swung the door open, scaring Finch, before walking in. "What's up?" Finch said as she looked at her scowling roommate.

     "Stupid people," Clove muttered as she threw her bag across the room and laid down on her bed.

     "Care to elaborate?"

     "No, it's nothing. Just some stupid asshole calling me short." She grumbled into her mattress.