1

Rosalie hugged her knees and walked back and forth in the corner of the Box. A foul odor entered her sinuses as she tried to block the world out. She rocked back and forth and back and forth. A distant alarm rang, getting louder by the second. Screeeeeech. The Box screeched against the sides of God-knows-what, and Rosalie grew more worried by the second. She couldn't remember anything. Not her name, not her age, not her appearance, family, friends, or anything.

As the alarm blared louder, Rosalie got fearful and more fearful of what was to come. She put on a brave face, so if there was anyone up there, they wouldn't think she was a wimp.

She rolled out of the corner (not on purpose) and hit the front wall of the Box. Finally, a light shone through, and the Box came to a stop. A blinding light came over, as Rosalie covered her eyes.

A boy, around her age, jumped in the Box, and held a hand out.

"It's a girl." The boy said in a British accent.

"Damn right I'm a girl," Rosalie sassed.
"A girl?"

"Is she hot?"

"I call dibs!"

"Names Newt. Welcome to the Glade." The boy said.

Rosalie ignored his offer for help to get up, and arose by herself, and climbed out of the Box.

"You remember your name?" Newt asked.

Rosalie, she thought. She remembered her name!

"Rosalie," she said, happy for remembering her name.

"Pretty name," Newt smiled.

"Hey, Greenie. Welcome to the Glade." A short, pudgy kid, with curly hair laughed.

"I'm Chuck," the same kid replied.

Rosalie had no time for this. She couldn't remember anything and she didn't have time to make friends.

"Where am I?"

"This, my friend, is the Glade," Newt said in his British accent.

"A girl? Why would the creators send up a klunk-muncher girl?" A kid with distracting eyebrows commented. ((Creds to @-didyougetthepie )).

"What did you just say?" Rosalie growled. She may be short, but she was tough.

"Leave her alone, Gally," Newt shook his head at Gally, and Gally left, muttering about how "girls are useless."

Rosalie didn't know what to do. She looked at the Maze walls and was filled with millions of questions. Before she could ask, a dark-skinned boy cut her off, like he could read her mind.

"No questions until tomorrow, shuck-face."

What the hell is a shuck-face? Or a klunk-muncher?

She was scared. But she wouldn't let anyone know.

Where am I?

Most importantly, why?