ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣 ✔️

I M P E R F E C T  E V E

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣ ⋅ .

   𝓒hristmas decorations were put up around the Afolabi cottage, but not by the two residents together

   𝓒hristmas decorations were put up around the Afolabi cottage, but not by the two residents together. Immediately the next day, Soraya rummaged through the old Christmas box in the dark and dusty cellar and decorated her room and floor while her father was at work. To say the least, he was severely disappointed that their annual activity had broke after fifteen years but didn't say a word on the matter and let Soraya continue to be upset. It was petty and mean to do what she had done without so much of a warning, but she was still very upset.

It had been four months since the last time being around the cottage, but for the first time had Soraya not really wanted to do anything but spend her days laying around her room. It was a real isolation, especially since conversation with her father had ceased. She was just thinking of how her friends were doing with their parents, Harry and the Weasleys with Sirius (who must have been overjoyed with having company) and Caliban. She hoped they were having a great time — a much better time than her.

With the Afolabis, usually Christmas time was spent outside. At every chance Soraya had she would get dressed and play outside in the snow with her father. They made snow angels, built a terrible looking snowmen family, and used their current frozen pond as a little skating rink. She was in the mood for neither, but instead drank hot chocolate daily, looked depressively at her ice skates, and looked out into the frozen backyard.

Students from Hogwarts had been released to go home on the twentieth and Caliban by now was at home just ten minutes away. She had the desire to go out and try her luck with going through the forest to visit him, but she was cautious of those Death Eaters. Since they must know she was most likely in the safety of home, they probably decided to camp out. And with them already knowing what she looks like, they wouldn't hesitate to try and attack and capture her again.

She would of course be more prepared to duel her way through the same six, but she didn't want to make another reason for her father to be upset and disappointed with her. So as of now, there was no safe and secure way. . . . wait. . .

"Idiot, idiot, idiot," mumbled Soraya, sitting up from her desk chair. She tossed her knitting needles on her made up bed and ran to her drawers. She tossed clothing around her room looking for specific kinds to fit what she was trying to go for. She had managed to find an old faded pair of black jeans and a red flannel. Waving her hand to set everything back in her drawer, she grabbed up what she picked out and opened her door to head downstairs.

Today on Christmas Eve her father had his last day of work before he took his break until the new year. That meant today was the only day she could go out until she'll have to spend a little over a week in the uncomfortable home with him doing absolutely nothing but preparing for the next term. And this was perfect as her plan was easier to achieve since the next thing she did was twist open the knob to her father's room on the ground floor.