The Lighthouse

"I'm so sorry that I didn't have the opportunity to show you around the kingdom, angel. I really didn't get the chance to cancel meetings, but tomorrow afternoon I'm taking you on a date—" Jungkook's eyes softened as he held Taehyung's hand tightly while they walked through the forest, heading toward the castle.

Taehyung's eyes immediately widened, and his excitement spiked, "A date?!" He had never been on a date before and he wasn't sure what Jungkook had in mind, but he was already excited—and slightly nervous. "Really?" He asked sweetly and Jungkook nodded while they looked at each other fondly. "You're too sweet—I can't wait!" Taehyung leaned closely to his mate, "But don't be sorry about being busy. I didn't really have an opportunity to explore the kingdom, so you could show me now if you'd like."

"It would be an honor." Jungkook pecked his head as he led him out of the forest.

As the kings walked across the kingdom, everyone that passed by bowed in respect and Taehyung smiled at each of them, but secretly wondered if they had heard them in the forest. He tried to brush off the intruding thoughts while Jungkook held him closely as they approached the area that was under construction, "Where do the dragons sleep?" Taehyung asked curiously as he stared at the hundreds of dragons that covered the kingdom; they seemed to be resting now that the sun was dipping.

"Anywhere in the kingdom, but miles past the castle to the west is the ocean and further down there's an island infested with strange creatures—you don't want to see them, believe me." Jungkook's eyes widened slightly as he shook his head and Taehyung remembered how Jimin mentioned the malicious monsters. Taehyung never wished to see them, but he couldn't help his curiosity as he tried to imagine them.

"Jimin mentioned that dragons eat the monsters, but he didn't say they stayed on the island—" Taehyung frowned as he tried to picture his dragons surrounded by monsters, and it made his stomach ache. He was already feeling overprotective over them.

Jungkook seemed surprised that Jimin had mentioned it to him, but he hummed, "Well the island is rather spacious, so once our dragons clear an area, they just sleep there." He smiled lightly, and Taehyung couldn't get past the sweet sentiment of addressing them as our dragons. "Even when they're asleep, they're always alert. It's amusing when we're in battle because they hear every little thing. Dragons can be...strange creatures." He smiled wider when Taehyung glanced at the dragons nearest to them. They were curled up together, sleeping comfortably.

"Strange but undeniably endearing." Taehyung smiled as Jungkook squeezed his hand and continued to show him around the kingdom, "I really love that the only structure here is the castle and training grounds. I hated that the Mortal Kingdom was covered in buildings."

Jungkook couldn't help his smirk, "Well, it was covered in buildings, but I destroyed most of them, so I suppose you're welcome. Think of it as a pre-binding gift." He grinned when Taehyung laughed at that. "We will be fixing the market square as it was destroyed, so they're adding a few towers to use as vantage points. It's where a few dragons remain to ensure no danger is approaching."

Taehyung hummed as he pulled him into the open barn that served as the dragons' feeding area. This is where most of the workers and citizens remained to keep the dragons company. Most people live in the castle, but the hybrids were welcomed to sleep anywhere in the kingdom in any form of their choosing.

Jungkook completed the tour of the kingdom just as the sky altered into a gloomy, dark blue shade but Taehyung found it peaceful, "The stars look beautiful tonight." He squeezed Jungkook's hand while they stood right in front of the castle, but Jungkook was more enthralled by his mate. "Baby—" Taehyung beamed sweetly when Jungkook pulled him into a protective embrace, his lips pecking at his jawline. Taehyung hummed softly, melting in the sweet moment, "You're so sweet." He whispered gently as Jungkook trailed tender kisses down his neck.