Chapter Six

It was getting close to 3:30 and I was still sitting on Lauren's couch.

"So when you getting ready?" Lauren asked.

"Ready for what? I'm already dressed."

I was wearing a pair of blue jean shorts, a black shirt that said No pants are the best pants and a pair of jordans.

"That's it?"

"I'm comfortable gurl, plus I gotta tell Evan to bring my car.."

"Just take mine. You know men take forever bring a car back."

"True"

I watched Lauren as she rocked baby Leona to sleep.

"Do you ever miss the old days? You know the party all night, drink till you pass out.."

"Of course I do but my daughter is my main focus right now. I'm trying to do better for her. There are days when I want to be free, let the wind blow through my hair  and ball out but I cant."

I nodded.

I looked at the time; 3:15 and decided it was time to leave.

"Well, I guess I better go."

"Alright, the keys are on the wall."

"Okay. See you when I get back." I said as I walked out the door and drove  to my destination.

I pulled into the parking lot of Steak&Shake and parked. I could see Cedric through the window sitting in a booth. He looked so lonely as he waited for me. I checked my makeup and teeth before I got out and walked  inside.

"Well hello Mister Watson." I said as I walked up to the table.

He smiled.

"Mr. Watson? Okay."

He chuckled.

I sat down in the booth.

"So.."

"Yea.."

"Okay look, Its been awhile since Ive done this whole dating thing so I might be a little rusty."

He laughed.

"Its all good, I wont rush you while you get your groove back like stella."

I smirked.

"Stella huh? So tell me how this stella caught your attention."

"Well, I think it was the way ya lil ass was bouncin' in them tights. I was hypnotized foreal."

"Oh really."

"Yup."

"I think I betta leave then cause Im more than a pair of ass cheeks. Even though they aint that big but still I got enough.."

I got up to leave but  he grabbed me by my hand.

"Now you know Im just fucking with you. Sit down."

I crossed my arms.

"Why?"

"Cause I know you're better than that. Please."

I sat back down.

"I know you not like any other chick cause they wouldve started giggling and shit if I talked about their ass but you.."
he said as he sat back in the booth.

"You are more than that. What drew me to you, in the beginning was your beauty. When we talked on the phone I instantly was drawn to you because on your ambition and you hunger for greatness."

I stared at him..

"You got some note cards on you or sum?"

He laughed

"Nope."

"How do I know that your keeping it 100?"

"Because.. I was raised up by a woman who taught me how to treat a woman. I got four older sisters and seeing them getting played made me realize I dont want to be the type of man to break hearts."

I was quiet.

The waitress brought out our food.

"Excuse but could you pinch my ass cause I must be dreaming."

The waitress and Cedric laughed.

"This shit is just unreal."

"Why is it so hard for you to believe me Stacy?"

"Cause when a woman has been hurt as many times as I have.. love just dont live here anymore. And to see a man who is everything that I could ask for is just so unreal."

"What did you ask for?"

"Drake.. "

He laughed.

"Seriously.. Sensitive, caring yet manly with a bit of gangster.. I think Drake is a little thuggish.."

I said as I thought outloud.

"Drake.. Thats a good one."

"What kind of woman your into then.?"

"Im not looking for a certain image. Yes a Beyonce or a Taraji would be nice but as long as she keep it A1 then thats all Im looking for. A rider .. somebody who gone hold me down."

I listened to Cedric speak and I swear it was like God had dropped him on this earth for me and only me. He was everything a woman could ask for. From his beautiful face, his cut body and his amazing mindset.. ummh! This nigga turned me on in the worst way and he aint even throwing pick up lines.. he is licking them lips tho..

We chatted it up as we finished up our food. Sharing a milkshake like two teenagers as we smiled and laughed. He paid for our food and we sat at the booth for awhile talking a little longer. As we were talking I could feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. I knew it would be rude to answer and we were having such a good time so I decided to ignore it.

We walked out side as Cedric walked me to the car.

"I really enjoyed this Cedric."

"Im glad. I enjoyed spending my afternoon with such a beauty but next time the venue is my call."

I laughed.

"Hey Im a burger girl."

He smiled as he closed the door as I got in.

"When can I see you again?" he asked.

"Suprise me."

"Will do. See you soon beautiful."

I blew him a kiss as I pulled out the parking lot.

On the way back to Lauren's house I checked my phone to see who was calling my line..

It was OG..

"What the hell he want now?" I said aloud to myself.