Chapter 9 - intruder

I felt the constant need to look over my shoulder

I felt the constant need to look over my shoulder. Perhaps I was being followed, being watched.

The thought worried me.

But maybe I was just being paranoid, unless I say anything then I shouldn't be in trouble. Keeping my mouth shut is my best way of staying safe.

"I would love to see what goes on in you're head" vi said while sipping at her coffee.

"It would bore you" I answered

"Not if you're thinking about mr hottie"

That's what she decided to call the criminal.

She questioned me thoroughly after he left the office yesterday but I didn't have any answers to give her.

Well, at least not honest ones.

"He's the last thing on my mind vi"

"But he's so-"

"He's nothing, there simply isn't anything to say" I snapped

Her eyes widened slightly when hearing my tone but chose not to comment. She sipped once more at her coffee before changing the subject.

An hour later I had decided I was too tired to remain in this cafe chatting.

I yawned once more before deciding to call it a night.

"I'm heading home vi"

"Yeah I probably should too, see you tomorrow"

"Yep, you sure will"

I was relieved the walk home wasn't long since the heavens opened and within minutes I was drenched from head to toe.

I rushed through the front door and shrugged my coat off before slipping out of my water filled shoes.

My bare feet padded across the wooden floor as I made my way towards the bathroom.

I turned the taps allowing the bath to fill. I was desperate for a warm soak.

I roughly pulled the jumper over my head needing to rid myself of these water logged clothes.

"Oh how I love a free show"

My heart almost flew out my chest as I spun my body round fast at lightening. I stepped back unsteadily before managing to grab a hold of the sink.

He looked at me with amusement in his eyes which only angered me more.

"What the flying fu-"

"Language" he interrupted

"Excuse me?"

My breathing was slowly beginning to calm but my mind was still running wild. What was he doing in my house? How did he even get in?

"Ugly words for a beautiful mouth my darling"

He leaned his left shoulder on the door frame and tilted his head ever to slightly.  He brought his hand up to his face before running his thumb painfully slow along his lips.

I watched as his eyes scanned over my body before making contact with my eyes.

What was he thinking about?

"Beautiful indeed" he stated dropping his hand

I shyly brought my eyes away and down to my feet. That's when I noted the black bra that was the only piece of fabric covering my top half since my jumper lay on the floor.

I desperately grabbed the towel that hung on the rail next to me covering my chest and stomach best I could.

I hated that he had seen me so bare.

"What are you doing in my house?" I shouted

He lifted his eyebrow in surprise before smirking.

"We need to talk" he answered

"No we don't, I already promised I wouldn't say anything" I pleaded

"But those are just words" he stated

"I won't cause any problems"

"You are a problem Callie"

My heart rate was now picking back up. I was destined to have a heart attack soon, I'd prefer to die like that rather be killed by him.

"Lucky for you, I have a solution"

"W-what?"

"Have you heard the expression, If you can't beat them then join them?"

He stepped in to the bathroom fully now, he turned his attention to the nearly full bath tub.

"Obviously"

He glanced sideways at me. He most likely didn't appreciate my attitude.

"Well that's what is going to happen, I've got a job for you"

He turned the running taps off before turning back to face me.

"No, I c-can't"

"That was a statement, not a question. What made you think you had a choice?"

I looked towards the open door before quickly back to him.

"I wouldn't even try" he tutted

I wasn't stupid enough to try to make a run for it. There's not a single chance I'd even make it out of this house.

"What do you want?" I whispered

"I have a few deliveries for you to pick up and drop off, that's all"

"Why are you doing this to me?"

"If you've got dirt on you're hands too then you won't want to be running to the cops" he answered

I didn't want any dirt on my hands. I didn't want any of this, I wasn't even supposed to be in that bank in the first place.

"Please..." I began to beg

"I should be leaving you now, as a gentleman I would offer to stay and help you wash but I've got business that needs sorting"

I hated that he was so devilishly handsome and I hated that his comments made my stomach flutter.

"I'll be in touch Callie"

Then he was gone and I was left alone to worry about the huge mess that I was in.