Truth

"Peter, come over here real quick!"

The now twenty three year old calls his brother over to where he was standing . He was mainly there just to check on how Peter was doing, having to deal with Victor and all, when the pair had decided to head into the library. They'd just gone in to check on some smaller, mostly unimportant documents, until James found a small book that didn't belong there.

"What is it?" Peter walks over to where James is standing. James, quite swiftly, turns around and shows his younger brother the book he found.

Their father's journal, something he would never let them touch.

"Oh, we're gonna get in a lot of trouble if he finds out we touched this." Peter says, biting the inside of his cheek.

"Yeah, well, he was the one being a problem in the first place. His fault for leaving it in the library, in a random shelf, in plain sight." James deadpans. Peter only shrugs and takes the little journal from his brother.

"What's it say?" James asks.

"Um... 'I've found how to deal with this issue. I'll have to talk to Rydyr, then it'll work out. Camilla will be pleased.' who's 'Camilla'?!" Peter exclaims, reading a random page. "And why does he write like a goddamned movie villain?" The second question makes James snort.

"This must've been before that one meeting a while back. Remember when mom was pregnant and we went to a meeting and he went to find Uncle Rydyr?" James asks.

"Hang on... Yeah. Says here, 'February 16th, 2024'." Peter confirms, pointing to the date written on the page.

"I don't know... Have you ever heard Dad talk about someone named 'Camilla'?" Peter asks.

"No." James says plainly.

"Alright, well..." Peter purses his lips and trails off as he looks for another entry to look at, catching a glance at the door to make sure no one was coming.

"This is from, 'July 5th, 2019'." Peter says.

"Oh god, this could be really bad." James mutters.

"'I figured things out with Camilla.' That damn name again, 'We've agreed that our current situation is best for everyone involved.' ... Yeah, I have no idea what that means." Peter states.

"Well, keep reading then!" James says, walking away a bit to look for more books or documents to look through.

"Okay. 'Juliana still has no idea of my relationship with Camilla, nor do either of them know about any of my other of my mistresses.'."

"Whaaaaat?!" James exclaims, speed walking back over to where Peter is standing. The speed at which he walks back makes Peter jump slightly.

"He cheated?! Holy shit, he's even worse than we thought!" Peter adds, staring at the page in shock. "Wait a damn minute... Wouldn't I have just been about two years old when this was written?"

"Yep." James sighs.

"Oh great, cause that needed to be any worse." Peter says in annoyance.

"What else is there?" James asks.

"Hang on... This one is from February 10th, 2024... WHOA!" Peter shouts at a few papers falling from the pages. James clicks his tongue before bending down to pick them up and takes a look at the papers. He stares at the contents for a long moment before his head raises back up to look at Peter.

"These are divorce papers." James says.

"I'm sorry, what?" Peter questions, leaning over to see what the paper said.