Chapter 7: The Incident, Pt.2 (The Aftermath)

The Incident Part 2: The Aftermath

A dark void surrounded me, enveloping me in some invisible, soupy substance, making it difficult to move, as if I were underwater. I was still naked. Where was I? What happened?

I stared into the void. Nothing, but then, something. Two bright orbs appeared out of the inky blackness. It was him. The Fox-Man. Sikhs.

He got closer to me, slowly, smiling a sickening smile.

"Hey!" I said, my voice muffled by the void, "why are you doing this?"

He stopped in front of me and cocked his head to the left. "Hm," he said, "you're not supposed to speak."

"What did you do to us? Where am I?"

"Oh, well you're sleeping, silly." I was confused, disoriented, but this much was true: this was the third dream.

---

THE THIRD DREAM

"Sleeping?"

"Yep! You're still in the cabin."

"Where's Willa?"

"She's still on top of you, all nakey and whatnot. A sexy tangle! A carnal pretzel, if you will!"

"Is she okay?"

"Oh Dakota, I probably shouldn't answer any more of your questions. That would ruin the surprise."

"What surprise?"

"*tsk tsk* Nice try, my friend. My lips are sealed."

"Why did you do this?"

"Did you enjoy that little sexcapade there at the end? Just a little something I cooked up at the end there. 'Cause I like you, you know? That Willa sure is a F I N E piece of ass, is she not?" My patience was wearing thin with this asshole.

"Sikhs--"

"You humans are so lucky. We old gods can't really have sexy time, you know? Not that the choices are so great in this dimension anyway, know what I'm saying?"

"SIKHS! I need to know."

"Okay! Geez. Hey, you finally learned my name. Appreciate that. Fox-Man isn't really appropriate, you know? I like foxes, but this isn't even what I really look like. I don't even think you'd like my true appearance."

"Please, tell me why you're hurting people."

"Dakota, let me tell you something." He put his arm around me, walking me through the void. He continued, "when you've been alive as long as I have, you get real bored. The other gods entertain themselves with all kinds of things. Causing wars, watching orgies, assimilating worlds. This is my thing, man. What's life without whimsy?"

"But this time was different. Why?"

"Kid, I'm getting really tired of your questions."

"What about me? Nemain used some kind of mind reading or something on me. She said that I was different somehow. Was that you? Did you single me out? Why? What's so special about me?" Sikhs's smile disappeared.

"I'm tired of this. This isn't fun anymore." He started to fade into the darkness.

"Hey! I'm not finished with you!"

"Hic finis. A uls i kures. The end is here." He was gone, but I remained, floating in the inky black void.

---