Chapter Fifty-Eight: A Heart Full of Love

His heart had never been so full before. Seriously, he had no idea how he hadn't exploded by now. Each moment was more perfect, more wonderful than the last.

The moment the music started and the nerves that had been plaguing him all day finally vanished.

The moment the doors to Kardia Cathedral opened for the last time and she appeared, gorgeous against the setting sun.

The moment they took each other's hands and shared with all their friends how much they loved the other.

The moment they smiled through tears and kissed each other for the first time as husband and wife amidst the raucous cheers from their family and friends.

The moment they stepped into the guildhall, hand in hand, and he barely heard the music and catcalls and laughter as he looked into her blue eyes.

And now they approached the center of the room, tables pushed toward the sides. On the stage, the band began to play, a slow but happy tune that matched the feeling in his stomach. A feeling that only tripled each time he looked at her. His wife.

Apparently she'd spent so long imagining her wedding dress that she worried it wouldn't be perfect. But he thought she'd look beautiful no matter what she wore. He really didn't know fashion or what was supposed to look good. But damn, he was lucky. She looked gorgeous.

The white silk clung to her torso, the sweetheart neckline dipping down just enough to catch his attention every time he looked. The gown spread out, several thick layers of fabric giving her a dress befitting a princess. Lace and ruffles gathered at the waistline, falling in layers and sweeps of white, the lace varying in shades of blue. White sleeves clung to her arms from her bicep to her wrist, hands free as she passed off her beautiful bouquet of blue and white flowers. Her hair tumbled down her back from where it was held up, a few curled strands framing her face. Something sparkled in the faint light, and he found he didn't quite know where to look. So he settled for her eyes. Her beautiful eyes. He was glad their daughter had inherited them from her.

Gray reached out his hand, and Juvia took it, smiling shyly at her new husband. Together, they began to dance, their first dance. His hands rested on her waist and hers twined around his neck. Nothing else in the world mattered as much as she did. Nothing else ever would.

"Have I told you how pretty you look today?" He murmured, breath brushing against her ear.

She beamed, resting her head against his shoulder as they swayed together. "Hm, maybe. But I'll never say no to hearing it again."

He chuckled, resting his cheek atop her head and letting his eyes close. He didn't want this moment to be forever tainted by the sight of one of his idiot guild members. "I'm sorry it took me so long to figure this out."

"All I care about is you."

"That's what I mean. You've always known. How you feel about me, I mean."

Juvia pressed herself tighter against him, taking a moment to let the ice in his veins cool her. Of course, the heat was back when she thought of how she had flowed through those same veins at one point, desperate to save her darling Gray. She cleared her throat, trying to focus on the matter at hand. "I can't explain it. I saw you, and... well, I knew. You were the one for me. It didn't matter how long it took for you to come to that realization. And if you never did... I guess I-"

"It's our wedding, Juvia," he cut in softly. "Let's not focus on the 'what ifs.'" He spun her around to make her laugh, loving the way her blue waves flew around her face. She looked like the ocean. That is, beautiful and serene on the surface, but dangerous and strong beneath.