**Chapter 1: Shadows of the Runaway**

The city lights blurred as Jungkook sped down the highway in his worn-out car. The engine roared, drowning out the haunting thoughts that echoed in his mind. The weight of responsibilities, like shackles, bound him, and the only escape was the open road ahead.

It had been months since Jungkook felt the wind on his face without the burden of expectations. The constant pressure to be the ideal husband and father was suffocating. The allure of his old life, the one free from commitments, tugged at him like a relentless force.

As he drove through the night, memories flashed before his eyes – the laughter of carefree days, the thrill of chasing dreams, the music blaring in the background. Somewhere along the way, he had lost that spark, replaced by the monotony of routine and responsibility.

In the dim glow of a roadside diner, Jungkook decided to take a break. He parked his car and stepped out into the cool night air. The diner's neon sign flickered, casting an ethereal glow on his troubled expression.

Inside, he found solace in the quiet hum of conversations and the scent of freshly brewed coffee. He slid into a corner booth, gazing out the window as if searching for answers in the passing headlights.

A waitress approached, her pen poised to take his order. Jungkook looked up, his eyes reflecting a myriad of emotions. "Just coffee, black," he muttered, the weariness evident in his voice.

As the waitress left, Jungkook found himself lost in thought. The weight of his responsibilities, his role as a husband and father, felt like an anchor pulling him down. He had built a life that others admired, yet he yearned for the simplicity of days gone by.

Meanwhile, Y/N sat at home, her mind filled with worry and confusion. Jungkook's absence had become more frequent, and the once vibrant connection between them now felt like a fragile thread hanging by a thread.

She scrolled through old photos on her phone, reminiscing about the times when Jungkook's smile reached his eyes. Now, it seemed like a distant memory, replaced by a distant gaze that hinted at an inner struggle.

Eunwoo, their 1 year old son, sensed the tension in the air. "Where's Daddy?" he asked, his innocent eyes searching for answers that Y/N couldn't provide.

"He'll be back soon, sweetheart," she reassured, masking her own uncertainty. But deep down, Y/N knew something had changed. The man she fell in love with seemed to be slipping away, lost in the shadows of his own desires.

Back at the diner, Jungkook's coffee grew cold as he stared into the abyss of his thoughts. The familiar ringtone of his phone jolted him back to reality. It was Y/N calling, a mix of concern and frustration in her voice.

"Jungkook, where are you? Eunwoo misses you," she pleaded, her words carrying the weight of unspoken fears.

Jungkook hesitated, torn between the life he had chosen and the yearning for freedom. "I need some time, Y/N. I need to figure things out," he confessed, his voice strained.

The silence that followed was deafening. Y/N struggled to find the right words, her heart aching with a mixture of love and disappointment. "Jungkook, we're a family. We face challenges together. Please come home."

But Jungkook was already disconnected, his mind drifting back to the open road. The allure of his past life beckoned, promising an escape from the complexities that now defined his existence.

As days turned into weeks, Y/N grappled with the growing distance between them. The once strong bond with Jungkook now felt like fragile threads slipping through her fingers. She couldn't understand the change in him, and the unanswered questions fueled her anxiety.

One evening, as the sun dipped below the horizon, Jungkook found himself standing at the edge of a cliff overlooking the city. The city lights sparkled below, each one a reminder of the life he had built – a life that now felt like a cage.

A figure emerged from the shadows, and Jungkook turned to see Y/N standing there, her eyes filled with a mix of concern and determination. "Jungkook, we can face whatever comes our way together. You don't have to run."

His gaze softened, torn between the pull of the past and the love that still lingered in Y/N's eyes. "I wish I could go back to the life I once had, where I was free," he admitted, his voice barely audible over the distant city sounds.

Y/N stepped closer, her hand reaching out to touch his. "Freedom isn't in escaping responsibilities, Jungkook. It's in finding a way to carry them with grace. We can find a way together."

Their eyes locked, and for a moment, time stood still. Jungkook felt the weight of his choices, the impact they had on the lives he held dear. The echoes of his past collided with the present, creating a crossroads that demanded a decision.

In the quiet of that moment, Y/N whispered, "Come home, Jungkook. Our family is worth fighting for."

Torn between the allure of the past and the embrace of the present, Jungkook faced a choice that would redefine not only his own journey but the path of the family he had inadvertently pushed away. The shadows of the runaway could either consume him or become the catalyst for a new beginning.

~~~~~~~~
A/n: Hello everyone. FINALLY the first chapter is out. Hope you enjoy it and stay toon for more chapters. I'm trying to write it as fast as i can.