**Chapter 3: Entangled Fates**

The city's lights painted the night sky, casting a vibrant backdrop to the unfolding drama of intertwining lives. Jungkook lay on his back, staring at the stars, his mind a whirlwind of emotions. The echoes of his past life reverberated, reminding him of a love story he couldn't escape.

"I need to break free from this cycle," Jungkook muttered to himself. The decision was made – he would flirt around, engage in carefree banter, and distance himself from the enigmatic Y/N who seemed to have a gravitational pull on his heart.

As Jungkook ventured into the social whirlwind of college life, he encountered Lisa, a vivacious and daring presence that intrigued him. Lisa, who harbored unrequited feelings for Mark, saw Jungkook as a means to an end – a way to get closer to the man she desired.

Jungkook, unaware of Lisa's ulterior motives, found himself drawn into her orbit. Flirting became a game, a distraction from the memories that threatened to resurface. As Lisa reveled in the attention, she hatched a plan to bridge the gap between her and Mark through Jungkook.

One day, as Jungkook leaned against the college courtyard's brick wall, Lisa approached with a sly smile. "You're quite the charmer, Jungkook. How about making things interesting?"

Intrigued, Jungkook raised an eyebrow. "Interesting how?"

Lisa leaned in, her voice a conspiratorial whisper. "Make Mark your friend. Hang out together, you know? Get us closer."

Jungkook, eager to play along, agreed to Lisa's plan. Little did he know that this seemingly innocent plot would lead him down a path of unforeseen consequences.

As Mark and Jungkook's friendship blossomed, Lisa's presence loomed over them like a shadow. The trio, along with Jimin and Taehyung, decided on a night out to escape the rigors of college life.

At the club, the atmosphere buzzed with energy. Lisa, always the opportunist, insisted on joining the group. Mark, unwilling to disappoint, brought Y/N and her brother Yoongi along.

As Y/N entered the club, wearing a dress that left little to the imagination, Jungkook's heart skipped a beat. The familiarity of her presence triggered emotions he thought he could suppress. Determined to carry out his plan, he decided to seize the opportunity and make a connection.

In the midst of the pulsating music and swirling lights, Y/N's laughter echoed, drawing Jungkook's attention. He approached her, a charming smile on his face. "Hey there, beautiful. Care to join me for a dance?"

Y/N, caught off guard, hesitated for a moment before nodding. As they danced, the chemistry between them undeniable, Jungkook felt a sense of déjà vu. It was as if the threads of fate were weaving a familiar tale.

Just as he began to believe that this encounter was different, Y/N excused herself, mentioning a visit to the bathroom. Jungkook seized the opportunity, a plan forming in his mind to break free from the cycle of his past.

As he followed Y/N into the dimly lit corridor, the air thick with anticipation, he found himself face to face with the ghosts of his choices. Y/N, oblivious to the turmoil in Jungkook's heart, smiled. "What's up?"

Jungkook, his resolve weakening, stammered, "I... I just wanted to say you look amazing tonight."

Y/N chuckled, her eyes sparkling. "Thanks, Jungkook. I appreciate it."

As Y/N turned to leave, Jungkook hesitated, his internal struggle reaching a boiling point. "Wait, Y/N. There's something I need to tell you."

But fate, relentless in its course, intervened. The bathroom door swung open, revealing Mark, ready to join the night's festivities. Y/N, unaware of the tension in the air, greeted Mark with a smile.

Jungkook, left alone in the corridor, felt a mix of frustration and regret. The echoes of his past and the complexities of the present collided, leaving him entangled in a web of emotions that refused to unravel. Little did he know that the choices made in the dimly lit corridor would shape the course of the nights to come, pulling him further into a narrative that seemed to transcend time itself.

A/n: hello everyone, hope your enjoying the book so far.

Love you 💜💜