Part 7

Tsukishima couldn't dance to save his life. His movements were so stiff and he kept on stumbling. You had to go over the say stuff over and over again.

"No, your feet have to go left and then twirl, not the other way around"

You barely got past the first step. The dance you had in mind for the merry-go-round of life wasn't even started yet since Tsukishima couldn't get past the opening dance.

You had worked together for at least 30 minutes and Tsukishima was basically disgusted at the thought of touching you.

"I don't have a disease" You would say over and over again.

In the end, you got about 1 quarter there, which was slightly surprising. It was the weekend and you both went to an empty parking lot to practice. 

"Dancing is stupid" Tsukishima says, mad that he couldn't do it.

"You say that because you suck at it" You say as a comeback.

He rolled his eyes. You weren't tired so you got up and pressed the play button. The music started and you looked to Tsukishima with a blank expression. He sighed and got up. He moved to the beat of the music up until the switch.

You taught him what he would do and you had planned to sit next to the other guy so you would get to help Tsukishima out when the switch happened. It was late when you both finished. You had made it halfway through  the dance, but you were sure that Tsukishima would have forgotten it all by tomorrow.

As the days went by, whenever you both had free-time, it would be spent doing the dance. You eventually got to the actual dance. Tsukishima was stiff at this one as well, it was difficult for you as well. After about a week. Tsukishima and you were practically finished the dance and were working on the little details.

Somehow you actually grew on Tsukishima. You got his number and sometime he would be the first to arrive at the parking lot. You would always have little arguments, but were was the fun if there was none?

Neither of you told the team about it, you did tell your father, but you never said it was Tsukishima you were dancing with. 

After a few days, the boys had a training camp and since you had to had a father to watch over you, you went along with the boys to the camp, slept in a different room of course. Kiyoko and you both cooked some of the food, you didn't do much since your food taste like plastic burnt over the sun mixed with camel shit and sand.

When everyone was sleeping you and Tsukishima actually went out and danced.

"You know, your actually a really good dancer" You say, filling in the silence since there was no music. "If volleyball ever fails for you, dancing would be a good back up"

"yeah, a great way to say 'i'm gay'" Tsukishima says.

"Oh come on, I'm giving you a complement here and not very boy dancer is gay" You say, rolling your eyes.

A gust of wind then shook you to your bones. It was a chilly night. You were wearing a white shirt and black sweatpants, but you were freezing.

"Let me put my hands on your jacket!" You say.

"no"

"Why not? It's freezing out here and we hold hands all the time when dancing" You pout.

Tsukishima sighs and takes his hands out of his pockets, you stuff your hands in them from behind and Tsukishima stuffs his hands back in his pocket, they were warm. You both started walking back like penguins to the camp.

When you had reached the camp door, you forced your hands out of Tsukishima warm pockets.

"Goodnight....Tsukki" You say, before heading up to a small room were you slept.